Mobley missing thread

Where did the BIG Mobley thread go?  It was many pages long with a ton of good information in it.

The Mobley is a hotspot that can connect up to five devices that plugs into your cars OBD2 port. AT&T has a plan for unlimited data for only $20 a month.  You can also purchase an adapter  that will plug into a normal 110 socket. 

I found this link to have some information,  https://forums.att.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=category%3Aattwireless&q=Zte+mobley

connected car questions and support, (866) 595-1222

If you want an digital copy of the manual,  https://www.manualslib.com/download/962502/Zte-Mobley.html

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an FYI, since it appears the Mobley info thread is gone from here there is a rather large one over on rv.net that has a lot of very good information in it. It is in the Technology Section.  

2017 Chevy 3500 C/C D/A 4X4 DRW LWB

2017 Chevy 1500 C/C
2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

Strange this thread came up. I was actually looking for the old thread a couple of days ago to grab the car connected # real quick for a friend. I thought I was having a "senior moment" and glad to learn I'm not just "off my game". :lol:

Probably just a database issue (?). Makes me wonder how many other very useful threads may have been lost.

I agree with rynosback. Had a lot of great info... links... practical knowledge, etc. Makes me loose even more faith in this new forum format.

The weekend moderators only have the power to hide messages or threads until a forum administrator can review them. Only an administrator can actually delete them. Unless they've gotten word from an administrator, they wouldn't know what happened to the thread. Although, if a weekend mod hid the thread initially, it would be useful to know the reasoning behind the action so we wouldn't repeat the error.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I won't pretend to know how forums work on "the back end", but if there was something offensive, wouldn't a moderator just hide the offending post for review rather than a whole ongoingly active thread?

I could be wrong. Seems like a database issue, but have to agree with SWharton. Seems a little odd that there hasn't been any input from one of the mods regarding this. Although, "management" hasn't really been all that responsive/informative to the membership in the past either. :P

On 5/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, rynosback said:

Where did the BIG Mobley thread go?  It was many pages long with a ton of good information in it.

I found this link to have some information,  https://forums.att.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=category%3Aattwireless&q=Zte+mobley

connected car questions and support, (866) 595-1222

On 5/15/2017 at 7:04 PM, Hunter11 said:

I was wondering the same thing. 

On 5/15/2017 at 11:14 PM, rynosback said:

It has to have moved or deleted.  Mods, can you reinstate that thread?

On 5/16/2017 at 4:09 AM, SWharton said:

Wonder why it was deleted?????

On 5/16/2017 at 7:43 AM, Pat & Pete said:

We deserve to know why it is NLA . 

On 5/16/2017 at 7:54 AM, SWharton said:

X2

On 5/16/2017 at 10:08 AM, rynosback said:

On a side note Best Buy sold 29 of them yesterday.  And they sold QUICK!    I guess Best Buy is purging all of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-ZTE-Mobley-4G-LTE-Wi-Fi-Hotspot-Black-/192187788379?hash=item2cbf48ec5b:g:u3oAAOSwTM5Yy-KJ

On 5/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, Hunter11 said:

Just an FYI, since it appears the Mobley info thread is gone from here there is a rather large one over on rv.net that has a lot of very good information in it. It is in the Technology Section.  

On 5/16/2017 at 6:37 PM, SWharton said:

The real question is why was it deleted and no one will own up to it....They need to grow up....

On 5/16/2017 at 7:07 PM, Yarome said:

Strange this thread came up. I was actually looking for the old thread a couple of days ago to grab the car connected # real quick for a friend. I thought I was having a "senior moment" and glad to learn I'm not just "off my game". :lol:

Probably just a database issue (?). Makes me wonder how many other very useful threads may have been lost.

I agree with rynosback. Had a lot of great info... links... practical knowledge, etc. Makes me loose even more faith in this new forum format.

On 5/16/2017 at 7:57 PM, chirakawa said:

The Connected Car phone number is (866) 595-1222

19 hours ago, DuffMan said:

Interesting that none of the Mods will comment on this.  Wonder what was in that thread that scared someone?

17 hours ago, SWharton said:

Not even input from a moderator..............

10 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The weekend moderators only have the power to hide messages or threads until a forum administrator can review them. Only an administrator can actually delete them. Unless they've gotten word from an administrator, they wouldn't know what happened to the thread. Although, if a weekend mod hid the thread initially, it would be useful to know the reasoning behind the action so we wouldn't repeat the error.

3 hours ago, Yarome said:

I won't pretend to know how forums work on "the back end", but if there was something offensive, wouldn't a moderator just hide the offending post for review rather than a whole ongoingly active thread?

I could be wrong. Seems like a database issue, but have to agree with SWharton. Seems a little odd that there hasn't been any input from one of the mods regarding this. Although, "management" hasn't really been all that responsive/informative to the membership in the past either. :P

Maybe this will bring an answer .

Goes around , comes around .

I have been a moderator on a couple of forums.  When I deleted a thread it would still show in that section, but only mods and admins could see it.  Unless the moved it to a different section.  Only the admin could hard delete, removed completely from the forum.  But a lot of this depends on what privileges the admin gave to the mods.

16 hours ago, Yarome said:

Seems a little odd that there hasn't been any input from one of the mods regarding this.

Probably because we ("weekend moderators") don't know anything about the disappearance of the thread.

It might be that one of the administrators in Livingston deleted it, but normally, if the thread starts straying into territory that is against the rules, they simply lock it.  I wasn't reading the thread, so don't know if this was the case.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I contacted the IT admin staff and made them aware of the issue as well as this thread. Since none of the IT people frequent the forums, it sometimes takes a little while for them to get to this sort of issue. Remember that Escapees is not a large organization and has only a few people in the IT department, so things like this do take time. Here is the response of the admin that responded to my request.

I’ve been looking into the missing thread and have found no sign of any intentional action being taken on the thread.  I’ve gone through the reports and have found no mention of it either.

I’ve read the posts about the missing thread and couldn’t get a feel for how long the thread has been missing.  I’ll keep looking into it, but for now I’ve found no sign of any conspiracy that would cause the deletion of it.

Thanks,

Thom

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

6 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I contacted the IT admin staff and made them aware of the issue as well as this thread. Since none of the IT people frequent the forums, it sometimes takes a little while for them to get to this sort of issue. Remember that Escapees is not a large organization and has only a few people in the IT department, so things like this do take time. Here is the response of the admin that responded to my request.

It is interesting how quickly many people jump to assume the worst. :huh:

Assuming what worst?  I just wonder why the thread was moved or deleted. As there was a lot of great information in it.

20 minutes ago, MrSeas said:

?

The link that you posted is bad, not working.  Below is the error message.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/1

Archived