Bozeman South to West Yellowstone to I-15

As the title says, Bozeman to West Yellowstone down to I-15.  Big rig friendly or am I out of my mind?  HWy 191 and Hwy 20, US routes I believe.

I can run all the way west to I-15 then south, but good ole Google says its a longer route and considerable more time.  

This is in an HDT, so hills and mountains generally don't bother me, but if its continuous switch backs then I'll go the longer route.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Carrilite, you will be good to go from Bozeman to W. Yellowstone on RT. 191. I take our dually crew cab and 40' fiver both directions on it.  Beautiful drive, not quick. This is the route delivery trucks serving W. Yellowstone and Big Sky use, Budweiser, U S Foods etc. The past several years there has been some on-going road construction and a new electrical line being built using helicopters to set the poles on the side of the mountain. But it was no big deal, had to stop for the flag gal last summer just as a helicopter carrying poles came overhead, told her thanks, that I couldn't have watched that driving. The YNP boundary comes down RT. 191 a ways and is marked by a sign and the speed limit goes down to 55MPH. My  advice would be to take the Belgrade exit off I-90. Driving thru Bozeman with a big RV is a PITA with crazy turns and traffic. There are numerous truck stops off that exit going into Belgrade. Most Town Pumps truck stops and c-stores usually have free dump stations. That Montana company is very RV friendly! If I can be of more help just PM me. Enjoy!

47 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Great!  If delivery trucks run the route then I usually have no issues!

You shouldn't have any problem. I used to run that road in a semi and there was only one hill on it that amounted to anything. That was just before West Yellowstone. Keep in mind that was 30 years ago...........

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived