lappir

Anyone carting around a pellet grill? Found a Green Mountain grill in a motorcycle shop I visited yesterday and a Treager at a local business I try to support when I'm home. Started researching and found Rec Tec also mentioned. Anyone have experience with any of these grills. I travel single but cook for left overs.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We have friends that use the Green Mountain grill and really like them, also some have the Treager and also like them, I do know the food they prepare is delicious!!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Picked up the Davey Crockett yesterday and put it together last night. Did the initial "Burn In" this morning. Super simple to operate. Plug it in, touch a button and you are good to go. Not sure how I feel about the 12 volt cord with male ends on each end.  After your frequent use, how do you feel about it ewacowboy?

Did have a surprise when I took it apart after the initial burn. It was cool enough to touch and I found a lot of ash scattered around inside. (it was a windy day) Mom had two vacuum's sitting in the garage so I picked one up and started cleaning up the ash. Made the mistake of hitting the fire pot and finding some hot embers still at the bottom. Immediately took the bag out of the Vac and it's sitting well away from the house and has been for a couple hours. WON'T DO THAT AGAIN.

Can't wait until next week when I can actually cook something on it.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

We had a Treager  while living in the S&B and liked it enough to buy a Davy Crockett to carry with us in the motorhome but just got rid of it and went to a 2 burner Camp Chef.. But you will enjoy the Davy Crockett I'm sure.  

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Howdy!

We recently purchased a portable Traeger pellet wood smoker grill at Costco. It cooks well and easy to use. I wood like it to have a little more smoke flavor in the meat, maybe I just have not figured the cooking process correctly yet.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

We have had a table top Traeger for about 3 years now and will carry it with us when we travel. I also have a regular Webber Q200 grill as well, but every once-in-awhile we just have to use the Traeger. We love the taste of the added smoke, especially on things like pork chops or a pork loin. We also will use it at home in "smoker" mode to smoke salmon and arctic char. Because we have to smoke for about 5 hours when we do fish I won't subject my neighbours in the RV park to the smoke for that long. I think it drives them crazy and makes them all drool. :)  And be prepared...  When you start one up and the neighbours smell it, they are all going to come by to ask what you're cookin'...   Gets their juices flowin'... 

Rick & JoAnn MacDonald
High River, Alberta Canada

2015 Ford Lariat F450
2012 Montana 3402RL

1 hour ago, richardmacdonald2001 said:

We have had a table top Traeger for about 3 years now and will carry it with us when we travel. I also have a regular Webber Q200 grill as well, but every once-in-awhile we just have to use the Traeger. We love the taste of the added smoke, especially on things like pork chops or a pork loin. We also will use it at home in "smoker" mode to smoke salmon and arctic char. Because we have to smoke for about 5 hours when we do fish I won't subject my neighbours in the RV park to the smoke for that long. I think it drives them crazy and makes them all drool. :)  And be prepared...  When you start one up and the neighbours smell it, they are all going to come by to ask what you're cookin'...   Gets their juices flowin'... 

I have endured the smell for many months at a couple RV parks so I won't feel too bad firing it up next winter in one of those parks. My brother gave me some steaks today to fix next week when I get back to Mom's house. I left the grill there since working 12 hours for the next three days won't give me any time to use it. It is all ready to cook I think. Steak and Baked potatoes will be the first meal next Friday evening. Hoping for beginners luck and it all comes out great. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 5/14/2017 at 11:37 AM, lappir said:

Picked up the Davey Crockett yesterday and put it together last night. Did the initial "Burn In" this morning. Super simple to operate. Plug it in, touch a button and you are good to go. Not sure how I feel about the 12 volt cord with male ends on each end.  After your frequent use, how do you feel about it ewacowboy?

I don't have any problems with the 12V cord.  It's plenty long enough to reach wherever we want to run the cooker.  I think you'll really like it.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

23 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

I don't have any problems with the 12V cord.  It's plenty long enough to reach wherever we want to run the cooker.  I think you'll really like it.

Thanks for the info. It certainly is long and worked well for me with my initial burn in. Can't wait to use it for the first time this weekend. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

A couple T Bones, a Rib Eye and two potatoes. Heated to 350 and put in the potatoes for 15 minutes and turned the temp down. The T Bones were huge so one started at 260 for about an hour (Mom) doesn't want any pink in her steak.  Put the another one and the Rib Eye 30 minutes later and turned up the temp. Easy to do with the WIFI app. Put the temperature probe in and set for 170. Audible alarm when it reached desired temp. Really happy with how it all worked, and so was the family. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Archived