Mobley Warning Message

I received the following message from AT&T:

"Your automotive Wi-Fi data usage this month has reached 16.5GB.
If you exceed 22GB before your next cycle on 06/02/2017, you can still use unlimited data
however your speeds may be reduced at times and in areas with network congestion.
To check your data use visit att.com/myatt or call 866.344.7584 for more info."

Anyone received this?

That's right in line with what has been advertised. At 22GB you are subject to network managament which means you'd only slow down if the towers are congested and it may only be a for a short while.

You are the first one I've seen actually post about getting that message. I guess like Verizon, AT&T finally got their data management system in place. :)

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Must have received the message via email or via account logon communications, Mobley has no screen.

And agree this is exactly (This time!) what ATT said 'could' happen. Via so many who had conflicting info when going to the 'new' ATT (NOT) so Unlimited Data, that reverts to basically no data connection (Sure, might be able to text!) if you go over 10GB via Hotspot usage. And still also subject to the same over 22GB potential network depriortizatioan, if needed... 

Testing our Mobley on this trip now, and finding it to do what I expected so far. In my book it was a no brainer: $20 per month (With assorted junk fees based upon location on top of that...), for 22GB of full speed LTE potential speeds. This beat the 'New' Unlimited Data for how we'd use it, as this data is for Hotspot usage... 

Everyone could have different criteria:)! And that's OK,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

9 minutes ago, Smitty77_7 said:

Must have received the message via email or via account logon communications, Mobley has no screen.

And agree this is exactly (This time!) what ATT said 'could' happen. Via so many who had conflicting info when going to the 'new' ATT (NOT) so Unlimited Data, that reverts to basically no data connection (Sure, might be able to text!) if you go over 10GB via Hotspot usage. And still also subject to the same over 22GB potential network depriortizatioan, if needed... 

Testing our Mobley on this trip now, and finding it to do what I expected so far. In my book it was a no brainer: $20 per month (With assorted junk fees based upon location on top of that...), for 22GB of full speed LTE potential speeds. This beat the 'New' Unlimited Data for how we'd use it, as this data is for Hotspot usage... 

Everyone could have different criteria:)! And that's OK,

Smitty

Wait, ATT is not throttling like Verizon, even on a mifi device you aren't subect to this, so not sure where your 10gb is coming in. I don't think the Moblley is subject to throttling either. The only thing AT&T throttles on 10gb is hotspot use on a phone/tablet line. Yes, all lines are subject to network management at 22gb and that seems to be all this is. I don't think AT&T was enforcing this either until now perhaps.

Either way, in the end this is still better than Verizon which is hard throttling at 10gb per line hot spot use on any device. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

2 hours ago, Smitty77_7 said:

The ATTWifimanager control panel has a messages section.  That's why I asked.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I think that once the various carriers  figure out what the other carriers are doing with these  so called unlimited data plans they will all change to conform.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

3 hours ago, richfaa said:

I think that once the various carriers  figure out what the other carriers are doing with these  so called unlimited data plans they will all change to conform.

I agree, that is why I am try to pick up a Mobley any day now.  I found one and it is being shipped!!  I'm ecstatic as I have really been try to get one for almost two weeks.  The only ones I have found on eBay and Amazon from $200 - $400....  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

We went back to our  Verizon unlimited talk and text 40G plan and will stay there till the carriers get their act together.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• 1 month later...

And remember, it says you MAY see reduced speeds. If you are on a tower with 100,000 users at a stadium on game day, you will get lower priority after your threshold. If you are  the only person on a tower in the middle of nowhere, you will see no slowdowns. The public tosses around that word "throttled" without understand what it really means. "Throttled" would mean that everything you do after your 22gb allotment is slowed down. That is not the case. You are deprioritized. When the tower is not at capacity, you see no difference.

Archived