How do I post pictures?

Vegas Teacher

You can use the image processing software on your computer to size your photos to 640x480 pixels . Then you should be good for attaching files here .

OR :

To post pictures on this board and most others , first open an account on a photo hosting website such as Photobucket. 
http://photobucket.com/ 
Once you sign up and have an account, you can upload your photos from your computer to the Photobucket account. When you get ready to upload, you can use the image processing software on your computer to size your photos to 640x480 pixels, or you can edit them using the tools provided by the hosting site. In any case, you'll want to ensure your photos are limited to 640x480 pixels. This size fits nicely on every board and is large enough for detail without getting grainy .
To post a photo in a thread , click on the picture in Photobucket . That picture will appear in a new window with several lines of code to the right . Double click the code with the IMG tag. Then paste it in the Reply box below .

Hope this helps, or at least gets you started.

Goes around , comes around .

6 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

How do I post pictures?

What are the steps?

All I get is you file is to big when I try to attach them to the message I typed.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

Here goes with trying to post a picture. No luck on my end. I am trying to post a picture from my own picture files. I was told that the picture is to large. So nothing has changed for me. Still a head ache on my end for posting pictures.

Al

Alan,

Did you try this website.  It will size the picture.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

I hope this helps. This is what I have used. A fellow HDTer posted this link for help with posting pictures.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

You can resize, crop and a bunch of other things with MS Office Picture Manager.  It is not included in the current release of Office.  Follow this link to add it to your computer:  http://www.askvg.com/how-to-install-and-get-microsoft-office-picture-manager-back-in-office-2013/

Basically, you download MS SharePoint Designer (free) and do a custom install and on the list of programs, un-check everything except Picture Manager.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Go to the website Al posted above http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1 and select your photo. Copy and paste and it does all the work.

Ex. 

BF5HNrdl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Allan and Veggei Teacher, The number 1 thing next week to have my Computer Tutor sort out is posting pics on the forum.  We had it pegged last December but something changed with Microsoft.

When we have things organized, I'll post a step by step instructions.

I use the site linked by Carl above.  It's easy.  I have the site on my toolbar, so it's drag and post (almost).  Just follow the three or so steps and you'll be posting pics in no time.

Some of you may recognize these three clowns.

NKZsxMNl.jpg   

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

+1 for photobucket. Once uploaded, just click on the image link, it is auto copied for you then just paste that link into your post. ctrl V or command V or right click paste. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Practice.

6gMLnQSl.jpg

tCscxv5l.jpg

5fYeui3l.jpg

3k4k0f5l.jpg

Wow, wow, ridiculously easy, no need for photobucket, etc. How come I didn't know about this service before?!?!?!

I had picasa account, until Google puked on it, now I have photobucket. If you are into galleries and organizing you stuff for re-posting photobucket works OK, but it's "a process" to set things up.

Photoposting is insanely simple. call it up, go to any picture in your computer call it up and presto you get [img...] file to post directly into you post. Copy it, paste into the post, done. I think I found a "new friend".

With Google Photo, I've been going to the image, right click, select "copy image" and the go to the input block and paste. That seems to work. So far no "too big" messages.

YBXgpQDYzXuWud0H8Xc-T0T7-CEe-w-eXdXOrrNPnOEuaoIRMr3xizBxro8-7-RyUcmFOcmXcNXfkiQxJ7eiT1i0EACj8hZl-V6VV4-AfCGFN3o8yAFRZJdoN_nBtIOIxAEIFVaZeH0PaIEhRTiGEiDmMXnk3ekW_GVCRj9Ed_S0fEu45SdCh5gtPB-6-kAKlXtqy3USNVCY3nrbVHLihGv6IZqOYS3Pg3eXvC7PmiF9FojiBzF98qIxln66LcXbRUMnx5G1Ewxhy0s1v4lRQVQZ8ASXw4HTfVR8Ddf9YD5ghkvK6dRkOP0-P6lExZHIAi-ojBxGuFNemALGqteKfHDG_mheHNEeZsw8azjjRzRz-4b5hNrj5WeGs_vrJ1cgzJIpL1Z827bbAYH3scTW0T14Dkaoypb2IIcrJVt-CE6UOFBebk54QvJKCX3_w1Gl8O86D8Z3dRyZO4lWoaiHGccHF2ZpzbZJ7BIgQcpXyS623t1ufJ130ZNyJeB1SseiV-ddhRsfyueViJDQ6-HW5H9BTHJAqO9o-xdpJEr0DHpvL_6ZSTOm7yUvc6uqMZvztO9rL1kG4kjs-5DUmn_GlgNZFpCjrwxPGg-oNxMPyocuYTndw88gESsQYfYvRZft5uy-DLCpzww7UfbfD7L7Y37a-2v7jKoc2pmgtEc9e4c=w1634-h919-no

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived