WiFiRanger YODPod

Anyone looking forward to the future release of the WiFiRanger YODPod as expectantly as us? Getting that USB modem up on the roof?

Can't wait to see more and maybe try it.

https://www.wifiranger.com/news

Sasha and Laura

SOLD: 1999 Ford F450 7.3 PSD CC 4x2, Roll-A-Long Hauler Bed, 15,000 GVWR, 26,000 GCVWR,

PacBrake PBRX, AIRSAFE 25K Air hitch & KSH 80 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Combo

2006 FR Sandpiper Sport F37 Toyhauler, 16K GVWR, 7K axles, 17.5" Wheels, 600W Solar

I've been a fan of Bluemesh's WFR since their first product shipped. Now on our fourth product line with them. 

I can see Pro & Con & Unknown for the new unit:

-Pro is it's one box solution and the mentioned better potential reception by being on the roof. (One box, if you do not wish to tether it to an inside router wifi repeater, like Pepwave or WFR GOac.)

-Con is the unit is the roof, and depending upon device, some settings require hands on touch to modify. (But remote logon does cover the majority of devices setting's adjustment readily.)

-Con still has a wiring feed into the coach. 

-Unknown? The fabric MIMO antenna's db gain capability? (I have not looked recently, but do not remember seeing a spec on the antenna itself? And for future proofing, what frequency ranges are covered, is also unknown. (600hz range for example, via T-Mobiles aggressive rollout schedule.)) So time will tell on how well this unit performs in the real world from a reception standpoint.

======

And if you're still doing a wire feed(s), adding a roof known roof top MIMO antenna 'may' yield better reception(?). 

Dennis, (And his vast staff:)!) at Millenicom has always provided great customer service, and competitively priced choice options. 

For someone who is just establishing communication gear for a rig, or ready to upgrade from older equipment, this could (If the units MIMO antenna does a good job, and probably will be on par with other roof top MIMO antenna units.) be a KISS approach. Run the USB, and get either a Pepwave or WFR GOac for in the coach router and repeater, with possibly tossing in a WiFi Elite AC FM antenna into the mix too - should yield a current generation communication hub within the RV:)!

Wishing WFR all the best on this one,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

wire thru the roof is no "con" for us....already have a Wilson stubby antenna up there....which can be replaced with the WFR.....and the way I read it, you can reboot the USB modem from inside.

Sasha and Laura

SOLD: 1999 Ford F450 7.3 PSD CC 4x2, Roll-A-Long Hauler Bed, 15,000 GVWR, 26,000 GCVWR,

PacBrake PBRX, AIRSAFE 25K Air hitch & KSH 80 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Combo

2006 FR Sandpiper Sport F37 Toyhauler, 16K GVWR, 7K axles, 17.5" Wheels, 600W Solar

Archived