Replace Microwave with Toaster Oven

RVTEN

We are facing the same problem but we definitely want to go back with a microwave/convection. My wife has gotten pretty good at cooking with the convection oven and we use the microwave a ton...since it is older we are pretty sure we can find one with the same cooking capacity but smaller overall and hopefully less of a draw on the electric side...I am hoping to build some sort of cabinet around it to include some storage space for spices ect that clutters the kitchen cabinet and falls out when we open the door. Any suggestions or pics of re-models by any of you folks that are handy with wood??

Get a convection microwave.  The best one we had, also had a broiling element.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We had a convection/microwave. Never got used to it. Think I talked DW to going back with a Microwave but not a convection one. Just to find one that fits in cabinet where old one was.

Tom & Bonnie

Crossville, TN.

2008 Winnebago Aspect 29H

(No SUch Thing as a B+)

Toad Ford Flex 2010

What is it that you can't bake in a convection oven?  I don't understand why people have trouble - it just moves all of the heat around the food being cooked so that there aren't hot spots and things bake evenly.  It is actually a better system for cooking and all that is needed is a little patience and dropping the time temperature maybe 10° and shortening cooking time just a little.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We've done everything in the convection - roasts, chicken, turkey breasts, casseroles, cookies, 9x13 cakes.  We didn't have an oven in the RV - chose drawers instead.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived