Jeep Wrangler TOAD set-up

jpcoll01

I got my first jeep a couple weeks ago and I'm getting it ready to drag behind the RV this summer. I have decided on Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain with the adapters to work with the 3/4" D-ring mounts on my aftermarket bumper (good excuse to buy a steel bumper, ha). I will be using an NSA Ready brake and accompanying break-away unit. I will also wire up brake lights with additional bulbs, etc. as to avoid the factory wiring/electrical system. That being said, I feel like I'm going to have all this ugly stuff hanging off the front of my otherwise nice looking jeep. Wondering if anyone has installed their set-up and think it looks extra clean, I'd love to see pics and appreciate any pointers.
Thanks in advance.
Patrick

I can take some pictures of my Jeep when I get home tonight.  The only thing visible when I am not towing the Jeep is a 6 pin trailer receptacle and the ring for the emergency brakes.  I have hidden these items fairly well under my aftermarket Smitty Bilt front bumper.  I have a Blue Ox Avail tow bar and use adapters to connect it to the D-Ring tow points on the bumper.  I am very happy with the install.  I would not add bulbs to the lights like you describe.  There is a plug and play module by Curt you can add very simply to make the tail lights work when being towed.  I also added an Invisibrake brake module that stays in the jeep all the time and is hidden under the driver seat.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Here is a link to some pictures of the equipment on my Jeep and a couple of pictures of it behind my old 5th wheel.  Let me know if you need anything else.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would show some pics of the solution I came up with to have the jeep ready to tow but be able to hide the components when not towing.  The angle iron you see has slits cut in the top of the holes just big enough to allow the cable to slide through from the Ready Brake and the Break away.  Once the bar is removed (unbolted) I can slide the cables and electric connection under my bumper where it can't be seen.  Used it this weekend and it worked out really well, I am super impressed with the NSA ready brake, simple solution to a complex problem.

Q7bwmnj.jpg

QDRA6tq.jpg1NYMR7k.jpg

JDnWTAa.jpg

Archived