Won the "Lottery" Today

Well, a good friend of almost 40 years passed away due to Lung Cancer caused by Agent Orange during  Vietnam.  We are Volunteering at Caprock Canyons State Park near Quitaque, TX.  We left Saturday morning, drove to Bryan, stopping overnight in Brownwood, TX.  Attended the funeral Sunday afternoon, the drove back today.

We got to Roaring Springs and a big mule deer jumped out of a ravine, was struck the passenger side of our tow vehicle (which we were driving) .  The accident killed the deer and did a LOT of damage to our right front fender, headlight assembly, rt. front fender, hood, passenger door and radiator.  I called my Agent and they said, "No Problem."   Then they found out that we were in the boondocks of the Texas Panhandle, there wasn't a rental agency within 60 miles, and then they kinda freaked.  :blink:

They had us call Enterprise because they had heard the commercials too, but when I called Enterprise, they told me that I would have to come in to the office BEFORE they would bring me a CAR.  I guess they left that part out!  I finally got a kind Samaritan to drive me the 52 miles to the park where our M H is parked.  

*  I haven't heard any more when the wrecker will be there to pick up the vehicle

*  I had to call in a favor from a friend to come to Caprock Canyon S.P. tomorrow to take us to the Enterprise dealer tomorrows.

*  Find out if anyone has delivered my car to the dealership in Amarillo.

*  I just LOVE Bureaucracy!

*  This exciting saga will revel the name of my WONDERFUL Insurance Company unless they SHIP UP!

PS:   Caprock Canyons is WONDERFUL!

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

What do you want for nothing ? 

You're alive to complain about the once in a blue moon bad occurrence day . 

Nobody gets through this life without being tested , occasionally . 

Sorry about your friend passing . That's never easy . 

Goes around , comes around .

We live kinda out in the country. It really isn't that far out (only about 21 miles from the Enterprise outfit in town closer to the one at the airport) but they still will not come out to pick us up or drop us off when we need a car. Seems we need a car to get a car from Enterprise rent a car. There posting that they will pick you up has deffinate limitations.

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

I don't see their reasoning for declining to come get you, they already have your CC number, name, etc.. They can bill the CC (which by then they have affirmed is valid) if you aren't there to meet them.

I'm sorry for your loss. I too lost a close friend, who happened to be my BIL (combat vet), last month to failed lungs. Yes, AO was the cause.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We have been to Caprock Canyon several times and it is one of my favorite places to camp.  Sorry to hear about your deer issue.  Two years ago while in Branson Missouri we went thru a similar issue.  Take a deep breath and exhale and remember tomorrow will be better!

Archived