Volvo First Oil Change - Where?

I have been doing project after project on my Volvo 670 and now have plans for the oil change and other fluids.  I once saw a list on this site of what to do to a newly purchased truck, however cannot find it.  No service records came with the truck.  My oil analysis showed no problems.  The ball park cost is $250 -$300?

Where are good shops to have the oil changed in the Denver area?  And where to stay away from.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

I just had mine done at Speedco in Toledo. For $302 incl grease the whole thing, I thought it was a good buy. And I usually did my own, but 12 gals x $18 = $216 . Don't know if they have a location near you, check truck stops for similar places.  

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Thanks Sibernut, just called my local Speedco in Denver and my price is $259.99 more if I want a Fleetguard filter(s) includes lub.  Anyone know where that list is for what to do on a new HDT?

Dennis

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

If the motor is a cummins you want the fleetgaurd filter. You can also go to kenworth or wherever and buy your own filter. I carry 3 since they usually don't have them in stock.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

What engine do you have? Year?

Engine oil / filter

Fuel filter(s).... might have more than one. 

Lubricate the chassis. 

If this truck is new to you and you have no basis to judge when any of the fluids were changed you may need..,

Trans Fluid / filter

Coolant / filter  depending on what type of coolant you have you may need to do a check for correct additives

Differential fluid

Power steering / filter

Front hubs

You may also what to change the air dryer filter.

2006 Volvo engine 270,000 miles.  Please tell me more about the coolant PH checking is it like the old Ford Powerstrokes?  They needed testing a few times per year and an additive.

Dennis

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

6 hours ago, Cotreker said:

2006 Volvo engine 270,000 miles.  Please tell me more about the coolant PH checking is it like the old Ford Powerstrokes?  They needed testing a few times per year and an additive.

Dennis

Some mfgrs use a coolant filter, those have an option to use a standard coolant filter or one with slow release additive imbedded in filter. Since my body revolted to changing my own oil Speedco is my choice.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 5/5/2017 at 2:45 PM, Cotreker said:

Thanks Sibernut, just called my local Speedco in Denver and my price is $259.99 more if I want a Fleetguard filter(s) includes lub.  Anyone know where that list is for what to do on a new HDT?

Dennis

On my website.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 2 weeks later...

Last evening Sunday I got all my fluids checked and or replaced at Speedco.  I would recommend Speedco to other HDT owners because they allow the owners to stay with the HDT and watch and ask questions.  The Denver location services oil changes ect and a full tire side of the building.  One of my fuel filters which housed the heating element was very dirty.  Once over the bag I was out in about an hour.

Now I have a base starting point for the truck.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, Cotreker said:

Thanks Jack, my slide in camper is now on the deck, it took me about 90 days.

Hi Dennis,

It would be nice to see a picture or too of your new set-up ? Curious minds need to know.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I will do so, it is turning heads on the road and a blast to drive.  Can not wait for Memorial Day weekend. Will do a post with he camper on the truck.  Darn thing is wrong direction.

volvo cut down small.jpg

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

Archived