Thinking long term

Hi all, I'm looking for opinions from folks who have the set up I am discussing.

We currently are starting our semi/part-time retirement. We bought a 2014 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLFS and we tow it with a 1 ton Denali SRW. In 1 1/2 years we have travelled approx 17,000 miles and have had a few scares. As well have found the trailer to need some repairs as well as replacement/ upgrade to suspension due to the earthquakes of driving down the fabulous hwy's! Lol

Anyhow, I have seen many fulltimers in our travels who use HDT's to tow their fivers. Do any of you have the newer smart cars sitting behind the cabs or are they to long?

we are also contemplating a semi-trailer by Spacecraft that would be 44' long, has anyone had issues when pulling a longer trailer in the states that only allow 65' total length?

reason we are looking at the spacecraft Semi is it seems to be built to handle the road over the long haul.

someone also mentioned the Drv, but it is not built on a semi Chassis.

any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I recommend you read the HDT section of this forum.  The Smart Cars I have seen are all loaded sideways behind the cab. But I have NO experience with this so you probably should go read the posts of the people who do. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It isn't difficult to locate, just click on "Forums" in the upper right corner. That will open the list of all forums available and as you scroll down you will find a heading "RV Types" and the HDT forum is the seventh one down since they are listed in alphabetical order. While you are are scrolling down, look over the many other subject areas as there probably will be others that are of interest to you. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived