Tonneau - hard

I also have a tri-fold cover on the truck bed. When I back up, I line the truck up with the camper by using the side mirrors and have learned to site the dually fenders with the sides of the camper. I also have the wife watch the hitch during the back up. Another option is to get a set of Magnetic Trailer Alignment Kit from Harbor Freight. They are basically tennis balls mounted on top of an antenna that is mounted to a magnet. You put one magnet on the truck hitch and the other on the camper hitch. You then back up using the rear view mirror until the 2 balls touch. It works good with a fifth wheel hitch.

Haul-Master® 69778 Magnetic Trailer Alignment Kit

Greg

What I do is look in the rear view mirror and line up the center divider on my sliding rear window with the pin. When the pin is just about out of site of the rear view mirror I stop and get out so I can make sure things are lining up. If everything looks good I go ahead and hook up. I also have a tonneau cover, but mine is a roll up. With it rolled up I cannot see the hitch either.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

We have a hard fold up cover also. Mark mounted a backup camera aimed at the hitch that works with our Garmin RV760 GPS. He likes it really well and can hitch up the 5W without any assistance.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

12 hours ago, Rover said:

We have a hard fold up cover also. Mark mounted a backup camera aimed at the hitch that works with our Garmin RV760 GPS. He likes it really well and can hitch up the 5W without any assistance.

Vicki

Rover - what camera did Mark use?

Skp #98641
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Laramie CC DRW LB
2018 Durango Gold 380FLF 5th Wheel
My Email

9 hours ago, CapeMayAl said:

Rover - what camera did Mark use?

We bought one on Amazon that is compatible specifically with the Garmin GPS. We tried a cheaper one first and couldn't get it to work right. It's been awhile since we installed it. We already had the Garmin. I looked it up - it is the Garmin BC-20 camera.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Archived