1999 Gulfstream Ulta

M & M

We are looking at this unit with 2 slides, 50, 000 miles 24 foot. Can anyone share their experience with this brand? I've read that Gulfstream no longer builds class C"s, is that a concern? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

There's a lot of orphan units out there.  Since I don't take my Moho into the dealer's for repair I don't worry about that.  If you're going to be Boondocking a lot and not going to "resort" destinations, I wouldn't worry about the age of the unit.   I can't afford resorts anyway.  If you like it, go for it and camp accordingly.

• 2 months later...

Consider the mileage as well. If it has a lot of miles, and you don't have any service records, you can't know if the transmission is about to go, how hard that engine was pushed (like did they tow a car behind). With units that old it is really a crap shoot. I just bought one that is a 2000, but it had 34,000 miles, and was stored in a barn. That is only 2000 miles a year. I actually went to meet the previous owner and he babied it.

Like any older used vehicle, it's a crap shoot. If you are in the group that are looking to spend $5000 for an old RV, anticipate putting at least that much into repairing it the first year.

• 3 months later...

Archived