Green Bay to Kitty Hawk NC

Twotoes

Driving from Green Bay WI to Kitty Hawk NC next month and was wondering what is the best rout to take. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I would suggest you add a few details about your travel plans.  Do you want to get there in 3 or 4 days, or do you want to take 3 weeks or more and stop at interesting places along the way?  Will you overnight at Walmarts, or do you require RV parks for overnight stays?  Do you wish to avoid large cities as much as possible or are you OK with driving thru the large cities at non rush hour traffic times?

More details allows us to give responses more in tune to your desires.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

South from Green Bay to about mid state Illinois. Then east using the bid roads like I 64 or smaller roads like US 60. Sliding south through Nashville to Knoxville then cross the Blue Ridge and continue east. As Al says -details, got to know the details of your wants. 

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Sorry for the lack of details. I am looking for only a 4 or 5 day drive on the shortest route possibly avoiding toll roads and big cities if possible. Stoping at truck stops for the night.  

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

You could go north up to US-2, then east thru the Michigan UP, across the Mackinac Bridge, down US-31 & US-131 to I-80 at the Indiana border to avoid the Chicago traffic.   Note, the Mackinac Bridge is a 60 year-old bridge, 5 miles long, rather narrow.   I believe the Bridge Authority will drive you rig across if asked.

That would be a pleasant drive, and avoid the NW Chicago congestion & toll roads. 

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Archived