Black Tank Flush System

StarlifterFE

2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador

Went out today to drain and flush the black water tank.  Hooked up the hose to the flush water connection and did not hear any water going in.  After finishing the drain of the than I blew about 40 PSI thru the hose connection and still no luck.

I assume there is a check valve in the system and it is either not functioning or it is clogged.  Does this make sense?  If there is a check valve where is it located?

Thanks very much for any help.

Barry

StarlifterFE
Retired USAF C-141 Flight Enginner
Full-Timers
2005 Holiday Rambler Ambasador

2010 Honda CR-V

There is a vacuum breaker in line on the tank flush.  Most RV manufacturers install cheap plastic ones.  I had one go bad on my last trailer.  Unfortunately mine stuck slightly open and allowed water to spray all over in the wall where the vacuum breaker was installed.  I replaced it with a quality brass vacuum breaker once I figured out how to get to it.  If you google  RV Tank Flush Vacuum Breaker, you will see many links related to issues with them.  This may or may not be your problem, but it is a good place to start looking.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

A great deal depends upon what flush system you happen to have. I used the No Fuss Flush system and it has a check valve built into the part that goes into the tank. There is also a backflow preventer on the hose connection. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

When we tried to use the black flush on our new to us 5er it also didn't work.  Turned out to be a clogged spray head in the tank.  The tank had to be removed to get the spray head out as it was about an inch from the frame, with just enough room to connect the supply pipe.   Hopefully your problem is simple.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Archived