Bludot

GlennWest

Good day, Glenn.

Have you tried both the 888 and 574 numbers indicated in their Website under "Contact"?:

Contact one of our knowledgeable sales associates today by:

Telephone: 1-888-6-BLUDOT

E-mail: sales@bludotinc.com

On the Web:
www.bludotinc.com
www.trailerbrakesystems.com

BLUDOT, INC. 
4335 Meghan Beeler Ct.
South Bend, IN 46628

Bludot Presskit Photo

(574) 277-2306 ● sales@bludotinc.com ● www.Bludotinc.com

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

Glen, I called the 800 # and got right in.

Was going to post the other sales #, but see Michael beat me to it.

You do not want to order online.   You need to speak with them and let them know what braking system you have now.  They are easy to work with.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I had the same issue, but persistence paid off.  When they finally answered my email, they were very helpful.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

we can't get an answer. Closed tomorrow. Don't believe they open

Glenn,

I left a message and it took them a few days to call me back but they shipped it the day I ordered so it made up for there slow phone practice. They aren't real responsive on returning calls. 

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Well all I can say is the response by phone is the inverse of their system. I'm real pleased, worth the time on the phone. One comment- if you have disc brakes, be SURE to let the pressure off the emergency tank when you unhook. Bad juju..............

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Thanks. I am aware of that. Been studying and reading up on this. Got my regulator valve from Amazon. Should be here next week. All I need to order is the disk brake setup, right? 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I had the same experience with this outfit years back.   They don't answer the phone.  In my case, it saved me $4000 or $5000. The drums work just fine on the Teton.  Just keep em adjusted.

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

4/5k. I will no where near that in it. My disk kit, new bearings, seals, lines, tees, crosses, etc cost 1350ish. Bludot 600ish. A valve to reduce pressure for Kodiak's 50.00. Yes, drums cheaper but I have had a lot of problems with mine. A twig got caught up on the MS and caused my wiring to short out. That was quite a fright full experience. Locking up currently on Teton. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glenn:

I have had two Tetons, first, 1997 had electric brakes.  They simply sucked.  My present unit, 2007, has disks.  No way would I go back to 'lectric.

just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck.

"Catfish"

'08 Chebbie K3500; '07 Teton Sunrise Experience;
Native Texan/Transplanted Tarheel; Retired USMC

​LDO

My trailer has electric over hydraulic and I love them compared to electric brakes. I thought about going to blu-dot but then my trailer would be limited by who could tow it. Right now, in a time of need, any pickup with a hitch can tow it. With a blu-dot system that isn't true. Also, I am curious how many HDT owners with blu-dot systems kept their electric controller in place. Could they tow my trailer or did they dump the brake controller when they went to air brakes on their trailer?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I dumped mine Phil.  Could have kept it, but I still have the one that came off the Teton when I converted it!

You know, there are many pickup trucks that would be able to tow your trailer without the Bludot system, but the real question, would they be able to stop your trailer????  That's what is so RIGHT about our big trucks, they will stop trailers without brakes on them!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I agree that stopping is the key, Rocky and that our trucks "can" do it but would you really want your trailer towed any real distance without brakes? First it is illegal and second it is not very safe. If you broke down at Rick's place and HAD to get to the valley, I know of at least two people that would volunteer to tow your trailer down there. Neither of them have air brakes. Would that be an acceptable proposition? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

The flip side is that be with BluDot, any commercial tractor can safely tow my trailer.  BUT, only if my Jackalopee is on the trailer, rather than on the truck.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Does anyone have an idea of what the cost is to convert an electric three axle trailer over to an air over hydraulic system?

We are not considering it, just curious to the cost.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

12 hours ago, Big5er said:

My trailer has electric over hydraulic and I love them compared to electric brakes. I thought about going to blu-dot but then my trailer would be limited by who could tow it. Right now, in a time of need, any pickup with a hitch can tow it. With a blu-dot system that isn't true. Also, I am curious how many HDT owners with blu-dot systems kept their electric controller in place. Could they tow my trailer or did they dump the brake controller when they went to air brakes on their trailer?

In place and plumbed with a selector valve. Wired my Jackalopee into the the RV 7 pin keeping both the RV's 7 pin plug and added a commercial 7 pin for the HDT so I can tow with any truck anytime. 

2 Great Danes

2 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

Does anyone have an idea of what the cost is to convert an electric three axle trailer over to an air over hydraulic system?

We are not considering it, just curious to the cost.

Do you have electric/hydraulic at this time? If so the cost is around $600 for the BluDot system. 

2 Great Danes

Called Bludot this morning. Got rained out at work so home today. He called back around 9:00 am. Kit on the way. A TH 1503-T. He advised me to get a LQ4 valve which is same as Bendix RV-1, which I have. 

Archived