East Coast Rally

SuiteSuccess

2 hours ago, Nuke-E said:

Haha. It's not that slow--there are about 900 uploaded so far. It just doesn't make much progress when the hotspot leaves the campground. 

Picked up a nail yesterday, and had to go to Knoxville to get a tire. 

This trip has been an adventure for you. Was the tire on the Mazda?

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

This trip has been an adventure for you. Was the tire on the Mazda?

Fortunately, yes.  It was fine leaving the post office yesterday afternoon, but completely flat by the time I got to the front gate.  Nobody in Crossville stocked a 215/45R18.

I'm back to tinkering with the gallery software--should have stuff up shortly.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Good thing I left already by then or our Mazda would have been missing a tire along with a front bumper, hood, fender and headlight!

I only got about 35 miles down the highway and had a belt separated on a trailer tire. Tire monitor went off and I pulled over before tire let loose completely. Tire company warrantied the tire, less wear, so only had to pay $50 for new one.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:18 PM, Nuke-E said:

Haha. It's not that slow--there are about 900 uploaded so far. It just doesn't make much progress when the hotspot leaves the campground. 

Picked up a nail yesterday, and had to go to Knoxville to get a tire. 

Picked up a nail? Man, your luck needs to change!

BizCard.JPG

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, Star Dreamer said:

Good thing I left already by then or our Mazda would have been missing a tire along with a front bumper, hood, fender and headlight!

I only got about 35 miles down the highway and had a belt separated on a trailer tire. Tire monitor went off and I pulled over before tire let loose completely. Tire company warrantied the tire, less wear, so only had to pay $50 for new one.

Dave

Dave, what tires were you runnin?

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

10 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

Dave, what tires were you runnin?

I run Hercules brand. We are limited in our choices as we have 15" rims. We have had good luck with them and usually get about 35k miles out of them. This one went at about 15k and at less than a year old. The tire had a fast leak that the TPMS system picked up. 

I have had 6 blowouts and 3 other flats, sometimes 2 in one trip, so I am getting good at changing them.

Next trailer will have 17-1/2 rims at least.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Archived