Noob to Escapees

meljr

Hi,

I hope this is the correct place to introduce myself.  My wife and I live in the Pacific NorthWest and currently own several RVs, a Toy Hauler, a home-made teardrop and I just bought a high roof, extended length Ford Transit cargo van to use as kind of a "steel tent" as my wife won't sleep in the teardrop and I am tired of dealing with a tent when I go Jeeping or drag racing.  I will be retiring in a few years and she is selling her business, so we will be on the road more.  We used to own a Monaco class A pusher, but I don't want to drive anything that big anymore.

Just bought a lifetime America the Beautiful senior pass yesterday for $10 from the local BLM office.  Apparently, they expect the senior pass might go away soon, so perhaps that was timely.  In any event, it seems like a great purchase.  I also joined Escapees and am considering SD residency.

Good to be here.

-mel

32884203552_0a9d62b221_m.jpg

Welcome to Escapees!

No, the Senior Pass will not be going away.  However, the price WILL be increasing to $80, probably by the end of this year.  So it's good that you got yours now.

If your wife is eligible to get one, she should buy one, too, since there are amenities where the pass is good only for the pass holder....such as the cave tours at Great Basin National Park.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Welcome!  In addition to Linda's comments regarding the Senior Pass for your wife, we have encountered a few times that one of us would go out of the park for shopping or whatever and when re-entering the park we're asked for our Senior Pass again.  If your wife goes out and returns she will need her own pass to get back in free.

You might also consider purchasing the Passport America membership for 1/2 off on campsites in private parks.  Just staying a few nights a year will pay for the membership.  Go online and you can look at all the parks that this would cover and see if it would be something for you.  There are some restrictions but retired folks can work around them easily.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We each have a Senior Pass and have used it several times to make back-to-back reservations at COE parks.  We usually set it up with first 10 days or so on Daves, then we go dump and to the next site under mine. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

If you visit any of the federal parks where tours are given, one senior pass will bet 1/2 price tour for one person, named on that card. For two people to get half off, you must each have a card. Some examples, Mammoth Cave , Wind Cave , Carlsbad Caverns, Jewel Cave, San Antonio Missions NP, and probably several of the historic sites. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived