Sewer line tip

Trucken

Well maybe this will help some folks that want to avoid the hassle of sewer connections and has room enough to install it. Was going to buy a sewer hose carrier that bolts to bumper, instead.

I came up with a different idea using a toilet flange that rotates. Going on ten years now and it really works well and saves lot of hassle..I also carry a two foot and ten foot extension in a PVC carrier, so far have only used the extension a few.  My muffler and jacks are three inches lower than the pipe bungee under the coach.

I will try and explain. Toilet floor flange that swivels  (from HD) bolts to sewer opening in coach compartment floor....then a 90 degree fitting glues to that---then approximately 3 feet of thin wall pipe---then a removable cap (NOT GLUED) drill hole for locking pin... you have to measure pipe for your hose....

push in 10 foot of sewer hose in PVC pipe (you might have (to remove hose connector to get thru 90 elbow and reinstall fitting then glue) and then connect permanently to your dump valve.

To dump I remove bungee holding pipe under coach----swivel out in line with sewer opening.  Remove lock pin on PVC pipe-pull out hose and fitting---install sewer elbow connection---that's it. Kept my pipe just long enough for 10 foot---over that too much weight on basement floor flange--(it's plastic) when dumping.

After finish dumping I will use black tank flush--in hurry ---have misses flush pot for a couple of minutes...no issues with chunks coming out....been working fine for ten years on two different coaches. 

Many times folks see me pull up connect, flush and be gone in under 15 minutes. Some times their sewer wye is to long in their compartment to install...tried photo bucket and gave up when I didn't win a $1000 gift card to Walmart...I really like the ten ads they sent me immediately...need help----send PM and I will send some pic to cell or email address. 

If it works for you, and your happy with it... send me some jelly bellies.

Trucken 

Yep, obviously the setup in the photo was a short reach to the sewer port, but the full 8' of hose was available as needed.

Try this site for posting photos. Just follow the directions and paste the resulting link in your post.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

If only I had a sewer compartment like that. Our rv had a metal tube fastened to the frame. I took it off and threw it away. We had no place to store our dirty hoses so I mounted two 6 inch grey pvc pipes for electrical conduit under the rv. They are real handy that way.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

15 hours ago, Trucken said:

I came up with a different idea using a toilet flange that rotates. ....

I will try and explain. Toilet floor flange that swivels  (from HD) bolts to sewer opening in coach compartment floor....then a 90 degree fitting glues to that---then approximately 3 feet of thin wall pipe---then a removable cap (NOT GLUED) drill hole for locking pin... you have to measure pipe for your hose.......

----------------------------------------

Trucken et al,

Nice.

Question:  This toilet flange that swivels...    Is this just a toilet flange like in my attachment, which is not bolted down, but inserted through the compartment floor, and then a 4" 90degree female EL is glued up into it from underneath, thus it can rotate freely, but won't come out?

toilet flange.jpg

No it a swivel ring....metal is bolted to floor, PVC rotates. Get at Lowes or Home Depot..look at first picture...metal bolts....I made a.1 inch  wood washer to lift 90 degree elbow up as fart as possible for road clearance...as I posted..picture three showed stored position 3 inches above muffler and leveling jacks. 

Your pic is of ring that will only rotate in confines of slots on flange. It won't swivel 90 degrees, try yours and see if it will rotate 90 degrees, if it does then will work.

Good luck works great,don't have to line up on sewer tap and stows easy. You'll love it. 

Trucken 

Archived