"Big Rig Best Bets" - Worth the $51.90 Membership fee?

Jemstone

Is anyone using Big Rig Best Bets for locating sites?  They are asking me for $51.90 to be an on line member and possibly get a spiral bound "book".  I could not find a web site for this outfit, which seems strange for a business offering on-line services.  However, if they actually have better information than RV Park Reviews, a free and usually accurate service, then I'm interested.  Anyone familiar with, as their ad says, "the Big Rig Best Bets family"?

Thanks,  John

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

http://www.big-rigs-rv.com/Home.html

We use this site and the book all the time.  We bounce it against the sites listed in the Resource Guide.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

I just did the simple registration on their site (not actually bought anything) that you would need to do see their online version and right away I see something I don't like and that is they e-mail you your username/password in plain text back to you. As an IT person, that irks me because they are just asking for someone to hack them and steal that info. If you do sign up, don't use a normal e-mail/password you usually use, because it sure isn't secure. 

That definitely gives me pause about sending them my money and more info.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

I just decided to e-mail them back and request that they delete my newly created account and purge all my personal indentifable info from their system. It's not worth the hassle to get your personal info stolen from a site like that that breaks the most basic internet security protocols. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

• 2 years later...

I have used RV Trip Wizard for the last 2 years. I set one of the filters for big rig access and it only displays parks that list this.

It was about $30 a year and you need the internet to use it. I have been pleased with it.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.