Jemstone

"Big Rig Best Bets" - Worth the $51.90 Membership fee?

6 posts in this topic

Is anyone using Big Rig Best Bets for locating sites?  They are asking me for $51.90 to be an on line member and possibly get a spiral bound "book".  I could not find a web site for this outfit, which seems strange for a business offering on-line services.  However, if they actually have better information than RV Park Reviews, a free and usually accurate service, then I'm interested.  Anyone familiar with, as their ad says, "the Big Rig Best Bets family"?

Thanks,  John

I just did the simple registration on their site (not actually bought anything) that you would need to do see their online version and right away I see something I don't like and that is they e-mail you your username/password in plain text back to you. As an IT person, that irks me because they are just asking for someone to hack them and steal that info. If you do sign up, don't use a normal e-mail/password you usually use, because it sure isn't secure. 

That definitely gives me pause about sending them my money and more info.

I just decided to e-mail them back and request that they delete my newly created account and purge all my personal indentifable info from their system. It's not worth the hassle to get your personal info stolen from a site like that that breaks the most basic internet security protocols.