Tragic Loss

SuiteSuccess

I am posting because Facebook has already been carrying the event.  Yesterday we tragically lost Kevin Gagnier to a motorcycle accident in Canada.  His bike hit a wild turkey in the road and careened him into the path of a semi truck.  Kevin was known as "Flapper" on the forum and was a faithful attendee at the East Coast Rally every year.  Those of us who knew him always saw a smile on his face and a zest for life.  He always made the ECR a more fun experience.  Donna and I developed a close friendship with Leslie and him and we will always cherish the time we got to spend with the both of them.  Even in passing, Kevin is acting as an organ donor so that he can help others.  He would not want sadness but rather a celebration of his life, so rest in peace our brother.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

29 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

I am posting because Facebook has already been carrying the event.  Yesterday we tragically lost Kevin Gagnier to a motorcycle accident in Canada.  His bike hit a wild turkey in the road and careened him into the path of a semi truck.  Kevin was known as "Flapper" on the forum and was a faithful attendee at the East Coast Rally every year.  Those of us who knew him always saw a smile on his face and a zest for life.  He always made the ECR a more fun experience.  Donna and I developed a close friendship with Leslie and him and we will always cherish the time we got to spend with the both of them.  Even in passing, Kevin is acting as an organ donor so that he can help others.  He would not want sadness but rather a celebration of his life, so rest in peace our brother.

Right now, I am at a lose for words. That corner of the camp ground won't be the same. Rest in Peace Kevin.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Wow so sad to hear and as a fellow motorcycle rider, you know deep in the back of your mind as safe as you try to ride and enjoy the passion we love, there could always be a situation that just is out of your control. 

I'm sorry I never got the chance to meet him. 

RIP. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

We're so sorry to hear about the loss of Kevin. Our lasting memory will be his smile and wit.  Prayers and thoughts go out to family and friends.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Damn.

Godspeed on your next journey, Flapper.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, hone eagle said:

Thanks Carl

Knew him for 20 years , gradually became my best friend who would do anything for anybody because he loved to fix things.

The hole in my heart is unimaginable .

Ralf

Ralf,

You knew him better than anyone. He would be the first to tell us to remember him for who he was and laugh rather than cry when we talk of him.  You know our love is with you, Laurie, and especially Leslie. Stay strong my good friend.  We have the same hollow feeling but again we will fill it with good memories.  Also know the ECR family sends their love. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We too are very saddened and will miss Kevin. We got to know Kevin and Leslie here in our Campground on several occasions and ECRs.  Even before he ventured into the HDT thing.  He enjoyed life and for sure would have some interesting remarks for all of us to enjoy! 

Our thoughts and prayers are with Leslie and their family   

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Sorry to hear of this, our thoughts are with him and the family.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Prayers got out to his family even though I never met him. I learned a valuable lesson years ago about how things seem. My oldest daughter was laying in ICU after suffering a major stroke. I won't go into the boring details, but after a week of her in a coma and actually dieing a couple of times you think you have it bad. Well, there was an airplane test pilot brought in and he didn't survive the day. Just yesterday I broke my LGT, and my wife took a tumble out of the truck. She broke her wrist and we are meeting with a bone doctor to discuss surgery. It justs so happens we are about 1000 miles from 'home'. I though things were bad and again all I had to do was look around and there was someone that had things way worse than I did. So, no matter how bad you think you have it, there will be someone that has things worse than you. Attitude is everything.......

VisitedStatesMap.gif

I am so saddened by this news, prayers for his friends and family, I met him also at the ECR and enjoyed his company and humor, let all who attend this years ECR raise a glass to honor and remember him. Kevin you will be missed by many my friend.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Tragic accidents like this leave us at a loss for words but our deepest sympathies go out to friends and family at their loss. With his passing though comes the joy of life he will give others that will allow them to live with family, see grandkids grow and rejoice in his generosity.

Godspeed to a kindred spirit.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

20 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Hi Carl,

P/M sent.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Archived