Fresh water holding tank overflow

jloux2012

New DRV 5er since Sept., have been hooked up to city water ever since and haven't had a problem...until this week. My husband had to use the water pump as the water was shut off due to maintenance. Ever since then, with the dial turned to city connection, it seems it is filling the fresh water tank and is continuously leaking out the overflow.

Any suggestions? We have tried turning the dial back and forth trying to get it from filling the tank.

Thanks in advance.

Yup! Try changing the valve position several times a day, if it doesn't help you didn't lose anything but a small amount of energy if it does you saved money.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Is your valve an "Anderson Kantleak?"  If so, anytime you switch water sources while under pressure the valve o-rings may become displaced or break.  You can replace the entire unit or you can just replace the valve behind the switch (you may even find success just resetting the o-rings).

23 minutes ago, gfstryder said:

Is your valve an "Anderson Kantleak?

Good question. We will keep trying and try to look for the o-rings.

We actually already have a warranty appointment in June for some very minor things, I guess I will just add to the list.

Thanks all for your advice

I believe that there's  a possibility that your water pump internal check valve is leaking back and since the rig is relatively new and the first time you used it, I bet it has a piece of trash in the valve. I'd try to shut off the shore water and run the pump for a bit. Then retry the shore water again. Do this a couple of times. Very little effort and time, what do you have to lose?. Please let us know what happens. 

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

14 minutes ago, rockintom said:

I believe that there's  a possibility that your water pump internal check valve is leaking back and since the rig is relatively new and the first time you used it, I bet it has a piece of trash in the valve. I'd try to shut off the shore water and run the pump for a bit. Then retry the shore water again. Do this a couple of times. Very little effort and time, what do you have to lose?. Please let us know what happens. 

I will try that when I get home. Thanks, I will let you know

With the Anderson Kantleak valve, you need to release pressure in the system before turning the dial.  If you don't, it can cause problems with the valve as described above.  I also have a new DRV with this valve set up.  While I like the idea of one valve doing everything as far as water switching in theory, so far I'm not a huge fan of the Anderson Kantleak in practice because of this requirement to release pressure.  The system in my old Montana with several valves required more valve turning to get what I wanted, but I didn't have to worry about releasing pressure in the system before turning those valves (which is easy to forget).  I am going to put a label next to my Anderson Valve to remind me to release pressure so I hopefully don't experience the same issues you are having.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Strange how nothing worked, but then just 2 days ago, I noticed it wasn't leaking anymore. Very odd. We already have an appointment for June 6, for just some minor repairs, and they said they will take a look at, and they already have the parts in stock (must be common). 

Wow, Thanks Chad for that information. I will now put a note near the valve also.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the update. This gets back to my thought of trash in the water pump check valve. Sometimes on new builds the lines may still have a little residual debris in the water lines that gets caught up in the check valve..

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Archived