Waiting for the bad news...

Shawn Patterson

Good points on the insurance!  I would never have thought of that.  I certainly wouldn't want to put anyone (including myself) into a position where there could be issues.  Murphy's Law has a tendency to prevail. ;)

I am heading to the dealership as soon as I finish this coffee and hope that my presence there along with my polite but constant requests for updates helps expedite any needed repairs.

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

43 minutes ago, Shawn Patterson said:

Good points on the insurance!  I would never have thought of that.  I certainly wouldn't want to put anyone (including myself) into a position where there could be issues.  Murphy's Law has a tendency to prevail. ;)

I am heading to the dealership as soon as I finish this coffee and hope that my presence there along with my polite but constant requests for updates helps expedite any needed repairs.

Hi Shawn,

I call and talked to Brian today. I told him what is going on with your truck. He told me to tell you to look him up at the dealership. I don't know if he can help or not. I hope you can read this note. I don't have your phone number or I would have called you. Brian has seen your truck.

Best of luck,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

1 hour ago, Jack Mayer said:

To add to this. My insurance SPECIFICALLY states that I can only pull a trailer that I own, and nothing commercially. Just FYI.

57 minutes ago, PSD_Tweaker said:

As has just been stated, I too have the same requirement on my insurance as to what I can legally haul with my HDT....

Be careful out there...

Rick

Good points Jack & Rick,

Late 2015 a life long friends wife had a grin case of cancer pop up and they needed their RV repositioned to several locations and was NOT a option that they move the RV due to treatment schedules.....so......I called our agent and he said he was sorry but in order to help my friend my only option would be to purchase his RV.......Shucks, ain't life easy if you just boil things down to the simple solutions......

So their RV was in very nice shape so "we" settled on a purchase price of $52k on a mid-book value of $47k appraisal and I had a cashiers check drawn and they deposited the check and gave me a bill of sale I sent images and copies of the check, bill of sale, and and our agent was delighted to add it to our list of units that they send us premium billings for.........

Fast foreword a year.......the cancer treatments worked very well and when I mentioned that the propane was running low in both tanks......my friends said well shuck that's a shame so since the RV is in need of "service" why don't we just buy it back........so......they gave me a cashiers check and I gave them a bill of sale and I called my agent and they called they called their agent and all insurance folks gathered some $$$$$ and all is well in geezer country......

Dollymomma didn't blink a eye about the dent in the mad-money account......sometimes some geezer things are as simple as throwing some money at the problem.......poof....what problem.....

Drive on..........($$$..........what problem??)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Got a call this morning on my way to the dealership.  The tech is going to replace the pre and post NOX sensors and then do an hour-long diagnostic drive with a laptop plugged into the truck. Refractometer test of the DEF showed it to be OK but I am going to have the filters replaced/cleaned regardless. Should be done today as long as the test drive doesn't show anything else!

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog

R8O2pAw.jpg

3 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

......sometimes some geezer things are as simple as throwing some money at the problem.......poof....what problem.....

Drive on..........($$$..........what problem??)

Glad it worked out......

however depending on how and where the transactions took place, sales tax would be due on both sales.

In Kali - that would be about 9% on each.

54 minutes ago, Pappy Yokum said:

Glad it worked out......

however depending on how and where the transactions took place, sales tax would be due on both sales.

In Kali - that would be about 9% on each.

Yep pappy, good point....

Guess we were lucky to have been hatched as Oregon hillbillies.......Oregon has every tax......except......a sales tax.....so we both being Oregon res had NO Sales Tax burden........did pay a few $$$$ in registration and lic tags......

Cancer ain't cheep.....

Drive on........(pay the.....tax)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We're back in business! Should be pulling out of the campground within a half hour or so.

A huge Thanks! to everyone who offered to help and for the technical knowledge.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone at the rally!

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog

R8O2pAw.jpg

1 hour ago, VegasFlyer said:

How bad did your wallet get damaged?

Glad you are back in business....

$2835 out the door. That included $151 for 1 hr of labor to make some computer changes I wanted done. :(

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog

R8O2pAw.jpg

Just out if interest what was the cost of the 2 sensors? I would have thought that the on board and connected computer diagnostics would have pin pointed an issue such as this quite quickly.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

Not sure if this is the same part number used....but gives you an idea on price.

http://www.advantagetruckparts.com/volvo-truck-parts/genuine-volvo-nox-sensor-22303390/

Also have you guys with SCR trucks checked the location of the NOX sensors?

There is a service bulletin requiring the relocation of the sensor from the "top" to the side due to water intrusion.

22 hours ago, Shallow Draft said:

Just out if interest what was the cost of the 2 sensors? I would have thought that the on board and connected computer diagnostics would have pin pointed an issue such as this quite quickly.

The dealer rakes you over the coals on parts... It was about $1100 just for the two sensors.  Could have saved a bunch of $$ buying them online.

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog

R8O2pAw.jpg

22 hours ago, MrSeas said:

Not sure if this is the same part number used....but gives you an idea on price.

http://www.advantagetruckparts.com/volvo-truck-parts/genuine-volvo-nox-sensor-22303390/

Also have you guys with SCR trucks checked the location of the NOX sensors?

There is a service bulletin requiring the relocation of the sensor from the "top" to the side due to water intrusion.

That is one of them... The other is 22303391.

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog

R8O2pAw.jpg

Archived