Which hard drive to use with Dish 211z reciever

I used a Western Digital "MyBook" drive when we had our 211K. Now I use the same drive for additional/backup storage with our Hopper.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 211z, and went down to WalMart and bought the 2TB WD My Passport external drive.  I plugged it into a powered usb port, but don't know if that is necessary.  It works great for recording and playback, as well as rewinding live TV.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

I also used a Western Digital My Book. It has an AC wall plug for power.  We put it in the T-shirt drawer when we travel to keep from beating up the hard drive. Just remember to have everything plugged in before you power up the 211k or you'll have to power down again so the receiver will see the drive. 

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

• 3 weeks later...

We use a Transcend unit.  They claim it's tested to Mil-spec shock and vibration standards, and comes in a sealed up little housing.  It works from a single cable USB port.  I think our latest one id 2TB.

We got ours from Amazon; they're pretty cheap.

Tom

• 3 months later...

Another option.  I have been using a Toshiba Canvio 2 Terrabyte harddrive for a couple of years now with no problems.  I bought it on Amazon.  It's not powered, so I have to run it through a Radio Shack a/c powered USB splitter. 

John & Connie Parker
2001 Ford Bounder 33' Motorhome
2016 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 towed
Lifetime Members SKP #96350

Archived