Blue Sky Insurance

We are not full timers and have found progressive t o be very competitive.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

For full-time RV insurance, check with one of these agencies who have good reputations in the Escapee community,

Miller Insurance            AIS insurance,           Explorer Insurance ,      RV Advantage,         Foremost insurance

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Agree with Kirk.  I just had the insurance experience since my current policy expires tomorrow.  I requested several quotes.  Blue Sky did provide a quote but it was 1/3 higher than my best quote.  I went with Miller Insurance as the agent and National General Insurance as the insurer.  They provided the best quote for my Texas based, full-timer insurance and included my tow vehicle in one policy.  My Miller Insurance was Cheryl Howarth.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Thanks, all!  I understand that change happens, and of course we are all resistant to it.

Thanks for the name and agency Aggie 79.  I haven't ever had a claim with Blue Sky, but their reputation is that they are very fair to deal with.

Any other difficultly earned experience??

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Blue Sky for a few years, then had a few things take place to nudge me to move on.

1) 2nd to the last year our rates jumped up a pretty good bump (SD Domicile as reference, as insurance is a state by state variable.)

2) Had a 18"-24" bolder roll down small grade in a pull out we'd stopped for lunch, and kiss the front right edge of our front. (Just missed the stairs, so was lucky on that point.). Reported the incident, and told them I'd wait until the trip was over to get it repaired. 6 or so weeks later into a shop for repair. They coordinated with Blue Sky, and repairs were made. IMO, and the repair facilities too, they nickel and dimed (Read several hundred dollars lower all together.) the payable amount downward (Oddly, just above the 'Vanishing Deductible' amount.) 

3) Next renewal after the repair, rates took another substantial jump. And, they had me down for having an accident. I worked back to them, and explained that they had made a mistake, that I had never had an accident. They stated the claim I made for the front right end repair was an accident. I said no, I specifically filed it as Comprehensive. The vehicle was parked, we were sitting at the dining room table, no the vehicle was involved - in what universe would this be a Moving Accident vs Comprehensive. Well, the nice person helping me on the phone for about 5 minutes - and came back and sheepishly said that 'We determine if it is Collision vs Compressive, and that is just the way it is.'. (It almost sounded like she was reading it, and I think she was embarrassed to be doing so.). I asked to speak to the underwriter, and of course that was 'Not their policy.'. Asked to talk with her supervisor or manager. Another 5 minute wait,  and a gent came on the phone. I politely again reexplained my concern about it not being filed as Comprehensive vs Collision. He chuckled a bit, and said that is their policy to file body damage as Collision. We talked a few more minutes, as I pointed out that it more then me just being concerned with them having it qualified as a Collision, but also the overall insurance agency where claims are reported. (Most of the large insurance companies report here, and then other companies have a way to seeing the history of claims from applicants.) He said they don't report to that agency, so that was a non issue. 

I thanked him for this time. Sent a registered letter to the company stating the facts, and that I disagreed with their policy to file these things as Collision, when they're not. (And included a picture I had taken of the small bolder where it had wedged under the front right chin of out coach.).

And then I started shopping for a new insurance company. 

Blue Sky started off with competitive rates, though I did want Glass Insurance added, and they did not offer that. (But as I recall, that may be a State thing not just Blue Sky?) Not sure what caused the sudden rate increase my last year, our Broker said many companies also had jumped that year too, so not just Blue Sky. But when a company that sales a policy that includes Comprehensive, and then denies valid claims for that portion of your coverage - something is off. And then to jump the rate by over 45% the next year - well, that's not a company I will reward with my business. 

Best to all,

Smitty 

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived