Fisher's Landing Resort, Yuma

bja1234

We stayed there 2 or 3 times for a few days last year. We always stayed at the dry camping area. People were friendly, but not many around. Most hang out in the bar. From what I was told the place is really busy in the summer (party time)........not so much in the winter. If you don't have a boat, there isn't much to do. We were there for a pot luck in the bar......good food.

The dry area is like boon docking on BLM land. There are no spaces set up just find a place and park. We walked around the RV park. The spaces are small and all kinds of RV's there......from high end beautiful rigs to junkers. Bathrooms have running water and showers, but not very good. I figure must be locals keep their rigs there for a place to go as the rv park was fairly full with few people around.

We would go back and stay  a day or two, but wouldn't want to spend the winter there.

My Father in Law lived there, in the late 1980's until he passed in 2003. My wife and I went back there once on our way back from Quartzite in 2008 it was really a dump.(IMO), but I never was that impressed with the place to begin with. My Father in Law was happy with the place because he loved to fish. I can say this "He and I caught more than our limit of Strippers there, when he passed away we gave away several pounds from hid freezer he had on his porch.   Have not been back there since. It could have been cleaned up since but when we were there there wasn't a camp site to be had. 

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

Archived