TPMS

lockmup68

My rig came with a never installed pressure pro system and sensors. Well, monitor was plummed in and there, but not really hooked up and no sensors installed. I installed a few sensors, but no readings, so I assume since it is 7 years old now, the batteries died. 

In checking, replacement sensors will be $700 for 16 sensors, and a new system is about the same, maybe a bit more. I noticed that many in the HDT forum have replaced pressure pro with other options. Should I replace the pressure pro with another mfg or just get new sensors for the PP? 

Thanks,

Shannon

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Look at TST systems.  I have had them for seven years.  Their customer service has been outstanding.  The 507 system has user replaceable batteries ( cheap on amazon).  You can compare prices.  Nothing wrong with PressurePro, I just liked the TST better.  If you do buy the TST go ahead and get a repeater to mount on the rear of your truck or with your length, you may get drop outs.

https://tsttruck.com/

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I've had a Pressure Pro for about 7 years. I like it. I did replace all sensors last year. I called them and they gave me a better price than your $43. I think $35/piece? It does take a few minutes sometimes to get a reading you know. There is also a programming thing you have to go through when first setting it up. Maybe you need to do that? I think their customer service is pretty good. Maybe call them and see if they'll talk you through programming before ditching it. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

I have the TST 507 system on my truck.  I upgraded from there older 510 system a couple of years ago to get the flow through sensors so I didn't have to take the sensors off to add air when needed.  They also have replaceable batteries, but I haven't had to replace them yet and like I said it has been a couple of years.  I have been very happy with the system and would definitely recommend them.  I know Jack Mayer had repeated issues with drop outs on his Pressure Pro system on his long rig.  He recently switched to TST on the trailer and no longer has the same issues.  I run the repeater on my system and I believe Jack does as well.  Both systems are good, but based on my experience and having to replace all the sensors in your case I would move over to the TST.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We used PressurePro for 10 years with Red Rover and Tige so we bought PressurePro for our Bounder.

We did rotate the sensors at 7.5 years on Red Rover and Tige.  Never had problem with dropout once we installed the external antenna.  We used 18 sensors, Red Rover 6, Tige 7, Sparky 5.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

If you don't have the documentation to set up the Pressure Pro system here's a link to their website and installation instructions.
http://www.pressurepro.us/index.asp?PageTypeId=14

I replaced our sensors at 7 years as they stated to die.  I considered replacing the Pressure Pro with another system at that time but decided to keep it because we trusted it and I didn't want to replace batteries annually in some of the other systems.  If these last 7 years they will outlast me!  I did have to add a repeater years ago as the rear sensors intermittently dropped out.  Zero problems since the repeater was added.      Greg 

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I bought my pressure pro in 2003. When I went to the HDT (2010) I needed more sensors. They gave me a "deal" on all new sensors and even a new monitoring unit. I also installed an external antenna at the time due to length. I mounted it in the rear of my bed, next to the hitch camera. I haven't dropped a signal yet. I never considered switching. The pressure pro has worked reliably for me for a long time.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

My pressure pro system was purchased in '09 or '10 and this past year I've replaced all sensors and obviously plan to stay with Pressure Pro.  What would interest me is the flo thru caps that TST uses, but then I'd guess I have to take them off somewhere between 1 and 2 years to change the batteries out, and honestly, I haven't taken my sensors off half that much in 7 - 8 yrs.  Maybe I should say that half of my sensors have been off only once in 7 or 8 years, instead of all of them every couple of years.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Archived