Is there a way to get full page width on posts?

So, when reading posts under this new format, there is a group of ads followed by a listing of topics on the right side of the screen.  That shrinks the post visibility to 2/3 of the screen width.  Is there a way to get rid of the stuff on the right hand side of the screen?  It would be a lot easier to read posts if they were displayed across the full width of the screen.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

It won't  make the ads go away but for me increasing the print size to 120%-133% makes it easier to read in most cases.  I would like to see the changeing back and forth of the ads stop.  I have the same issue at McDonalds with their changing electronic menu. It is a vision focus thing for me.

I wouldn't mind the ads if they were not encroaching on the posts.  Put them at the top, or mix them in between the posts.  The only ones I see are ads for Escapees.

The FMCA board uses the same forum software, and there isn't 1/3 of the page width taken up with ads there.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

I block all of the ad and graphic elements individually. Not only are they annoying, but also take up bandwidth having to load them every time I visit the forum. You would think SKP's would be a little more consciencious about burning their members bandwidth since there are still a good many with metered data plans and dealing with congested CG wifi.

It's "cleaner", but it doesn't do away with the 2/3 page issue. There are still two (2) identical "topics" listings populating in that column that can't be blocked as an "element". Why it needs to be listed twice... or why it even needs to appear while viewing a thread... I dunno! Seems like it would be better placed in the new activity area.. which is about the only place it's "doesn't" appear. :P

13 hours ago, chindog said:

I wouldn't mind the ads if they were not encroaching on the posts.  Put them at the top, or mix them in between the posts.  The only ones I see are ads for Escapees.

Interesting observation. I think that it shows how different we all are as I much prefer the ads on the side as they are here, to having them inserted between posts. It would be nice if none of the free websites we visit had any advertising in them, but reality is that it costs the organizations who host forums to provide them to us and advertising is one of the ways that we all pay for the service. The alternative might be to make the forums a "members only" benefit, but that would be a poor solution, in my opinion. I would point out to everyone that RV.net & even many of the private websites, such as RV-Dream or RV-Basics and many others now use internet advertising as an income resource. Whether we like advertising or not, I suspect that it is something that we will all have to live with. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Not all RV forums have  ads.  The NuWaOwners.org forum has no ads.  It's funding comes from the users and it is very very inexpensive.       Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I use adblock plus on Chrome to block them. I'm also glad they are on the right vs inbetween the posts. Those bug me a lot more. I don't gain any more releaste back since the topics still sit over there to the right, but I'm okay with that. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Archived