Direct TV "New" Fees

I just got an e-mail notice from Direct TV that they now are charging  "Residential Customers" a monthly fee if you suspend your service ($5) and a "turn-on" fee if you restore service ($35). There are a bunch of other things too. Since we switched from full-time to part-time RV-ing we periodically start and stop our DTV service but have never been charged any fees. We even got them to suspend our service this time for a total of 17 months until we can get back on the road this coming September. We only use DTV in the RV. So, I guess I don't have a real beef here, but suspect others might not be so happy. I shall see if my next bill shows these fees.

Hank
SKP 67414
2005 Mandalay DP

At home in Custer SD

Hank & Joyce

2019 Phoenix Cruiser 3100

2012 Honda CRV

What do you expect from AT&T. I would cancel my service with them on AT&T U-Verse but the other local Cable company sucks just as bad as they do in the field of Cuss Some More Service. aka Customer Service. I had Direct TV at home and it was great when the trees weren't in the way. And then my HOA made so bad to have Satellite service. It wasn't worth the hassle.  Now AT&T is trying to force us back to having Directv it kinda stinks.

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

Dish Network has an RV program where you buy your receiver and a automatically locating dome and it can be used and turned off at your convenience.  Not sure, but I think it is by the month. It is called Dish for Your RV.

We just dropped Dish after more than 20 years and picked up DTV because of the cost savings for 2 years.  We are in the rv fulltime and DTV had no problem with that.  The new fees should not affect us, but will some people.  They may also wave the fees if you threaten to go to their competitor.

Just my thought on the subject.

Happy Trails Bert

We also did not get such a E mail or Snail mail notification from DTV. We never discontinue our service as we use it at home or on the road.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

16 hours ago, hanknjoycew said:

I just got an e-mail notice from Direct TV that they now are charging  "Residential Customers" a monthly fee if you suspend your service ($5) and a "turn-on" fee if you restore service ($35). There are a bunch of other things too. Since we switched from full-time to part-time RV-ing we periodically start and stop our DTV service but have never been charged any fees. We even got them to suspend our service this time for a total of 17 months until we can get back on the road this coming September. We only use DTV in the RV. So, I guess I don't have a real beef here, but suspect others might not be so happy. I shall see if my next bill shows these fees.

Hank
SKP 67414
2005 Mandalay DP

Looks like they got tired of turning on and off of those that want it done it every 2 weeks or less, maybe just weekends. Probably a big PITA for them to do that.

My Exede Internet charges me $20 month when I suspend it while I am gone for over 5 months traveling. $5 a month is not much as you still have their leased Receiver and maybe more hardware.

You are lucky to get 17 months suspended. As they usually only give up to 6 months and then you start full payments again..

Looks like you would owe them $85 so far plus the $35 turn on. In that time I have gave them over $1,800 :(

Genie plus a H25 feeding 4 TV's with DVR, HD, Whole Home fees. All Full Time in my MH.

You could always put DTV in your home and then take a receiver with you in the RV and not worry about those $5 fees.:)

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I just had a lengthy chat with DTV. The CS rep assured me they  DO NOT charge for suspended service. So I got a Spam e-mail - 1st time for that from DTV. The CSR said he would report it to management. I offered to send them the e-mail (as I have done with other spam), but he said they do not have an e-mail address for that...!!

Sorry y'all - false alarm. 

Hank

SKP 67414

2005 Mandalay DP

2012 Honda CRV

Hank & Joyce

2019 Phoenix Cruiser 3100

2012 Honda CRV

Archived