retracted

retracted

Welcome to the Escapee forums! I'm sorry to hear that problems were what brought you here, but we will do our best to help.

Is the floor problem something which has always been since the unit was new, or did it just recently start to be noticeable? It isn't uncommon for RV floors to flex in some areas and sometimes it doesn't mean a problem is developing. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have a 2017 KSSB4 and do not have this issue.  Either yours has a bad piece of flooring there or somehow it got wet and affected the flooring there.  The vanity slide could easily allow water in that area if it was not sealed properly.  I would also be calling DRV or a quality dealer like Rolling Retreats.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

As for your heat problem, it is most likely caused by the foil tubes coming from the heater being pinched.  This is a common problem and a relatively simple fix.  Slide open the door in your basement where the heater is installed and check all the tubes to make sure none of them are obstructed.  Less common, but also possible is there may be some construction debris in the tubes or duct work.  Neither of these issues are unique to DRV, but they do happen in DRV's.  DRV at least uses solid residential style ducting for most of the duct work, but they use the tubes to get the forced air from the heater to the ducting.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Chad is right on the pinched ducting in the basement. Mine and many others have experienced that issue. Open the sliding doors in the basement and look around the brake reservoir. Chances are it is pinched where it crosses over and that is the bedroom duct.

Don't give up on the floor, notify DRV and your dealer with registered letters. Possibly get a quality mobile repair guy to look at it and give an opinio and include that. That part of the floor I think is right above the basement. Get in there and push and pull on the ceiling ad see if you discover anything.

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

Politely work your way up the food chain, with an email trail, documenting your concern and response from the Service Manager. On the first email, I'd be soft spoken about the Service Manager. Just state your opinion that a soft flooring is not the acceptable to you, and that it will only get worse as time goes by. Ask them to please take another look, and perhaps spend more then just a few minutes actually 'inspecting' the area. 

Sadly, very common for a business to 'not see a problem' when they know from experience the probable shop hour range required to repair. "Not a problem..' is quite often the first answer. 

Documenting while climbing the ladder, and keeping the Service Manager in the loop that you are doing so. Let's them know that your not going away on this. 

If they don't respond, or do and inspect it and still don't satisfy you with an explanation on 'Why it's OK.' - then you can go the next route with a registered letter. 

In the registered letter, explain that a new higher end DRV should not have flooring flex as you have described. That your next steps will be an independent repair facility, followed by small claims court for reimbursement. And that politely tell them that if they don't step up and do the right thing, that you will also share your opinions about how their warranty process you feel did not meet your expectation's, on many of the RV'ing boards. Clarify that you are not threatening them, and that they can control how you voice your opinions of DRV quality and more importantly - how honorable they are in warranty backing of their products. 

May take sometime, but that is personally the approach I would take.

Best to you,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Get a small package of shim boards at Lowes or Home Depot and under the problem area insert the shims between the frame and flooring. If it works it's a cheap fix. It looks as though it might be too far forward to access from storage area. Good luck with your problem.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

21 hours ago, rebel2017 said:

It also has a heating issue as well. DRV Mobile Suites claims they have the best heat ducting system in the industry. The bedroom puts out as much air as a persons normal breathing. In the living area the 2 vents near the TV put out like they should and the vents near the recliners are 1/2 that and the rest hardly any air at all. I'd like to see if anyone is having the same heat problems as well.

I hear you. First the Black Tank to Grey Tank clearance was reduced collapsing my heat to the Bedroom and bathroom. The factory rerouted duct and moved items. Still low air flow but does warm bathroom. I did open the resisters and took pictures ducts internal view (should be part of DRV's quality ? control). I removed lots of construction debris by using the vacuum and about 12 feet of 5/8 hose taped on. This allowed me to attack the the debris that the hands of THOR can not remove. I don't know how I would have did this job with my slim cell phone camera. The help was getting heat to the end registers

I'm the warranty now so I'm still looking for some solution as I free I'm loosing lots of furnace efficiency.

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Also, if you do facebook there is a DRV owners page, pretty active and frequented by Rolling Retreats and occasionally someone  from DRV.

DRV Suites Owners Group (Doubletree RV)

DRV owners page

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

6 hours ago, travelinbob said:

Get a small package of shim boards at Lowes or Home Depot and under the problem area insert the shims between the frame and flooring. If it works it's a cheap fix. It looks as though it might be too far forward to access from storage area. Good luck with your problem.

Why would he want to do that if it's still under warranty.  Factory defect, they fix it; you try to jury rig it and they will definitely not touch it afterwards.  <_<

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Seems like you have 3-4 issues going on.  Between the sagging floor, heat, and something with the vanity slide. 

If this was mine, I would stop posting on all the forums about it and get serious with your dealer and factory rep.  Bashing them on the forms, not that you are, but posting as a new member on 3 forums about the same issues can look misleading, will get you nowhere with factory.

I'm not saying to lawyer up, but I would keep that in mind.

I would contact Rolling Retreats though.  They are a DRV dealer and that is all they sell and service.  They might be an option to remedy the needed repairs.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

All of the problems you have described in your several different posts on the different forums should have been caught in a good PDI by the dealer and a thorough walk through/delivery by you and the dealer.  I spent almost a week at my dealer (Rolling Retreats) before I took final delivery of my trailer.  You talk about the DRV service manager you dealt with, but it is unclear if this is an actual DRV employee at the factory or if you are referring to the service manager at a particular dealership.  It would be helpful if we knew whether you are describing a particular dealer or the factory (you don't have to name the dealer).  There are many dealers who are all about the sale and have little interest in service after the fact.  If it is a particular dealer, then I would strongly suggest going to a different one or direct to the factory with your issues.

event.png    

1 hour ago, Chad Heiser said:

All of the problems you have described in your several different posts on the different forums should have been caught in a good PDI by the dealer and a thorough walk through/delivery by you and the dealer.  I spent almost a week at my dealer (Rolling Retreats) before I took final delivery of my trailer.  You talk about the DRV service manager you dealt with, but it is unclear if this is an actual DRV employee at the factory or if you are referring to the service manager at a particular dealership.  It would be helpful if we knew whether you are describing a particular dealer or the factory (you don't have to name the dealer).  There are many dealers who are all about the sale and have little interest in service after the fact.  If it is a particular dealer, then I would strongly suggest going to a different one or direct to the factory with your issues.

I agree that parts of the op could have been stated more clearly but different folks write different ways.  I don't agree, however, with not mentioning who the dealer is in that he/she has an unhappy customer with possible defective areas/parts that needs attention. All of us need to know who these folks (dealers) are and if their name consistently shows up in future posts for not doing their "job" then everyone else should know.  If not, they'll continue offering less than acceptable service to future customers.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

3 hours ago, jc2 said:

I agree that parts of the op could have been stated more clearly but different folks write different ways.  I don't agree, however, with not mentioning who the dealer is in that he/she has an unhappy customer with possible defective areas/parts that needs attention. All of us need to know who these folks (dealers) are and if their name consistently shows up in future posts for not doing their "job" then everyone else should know.  If not, they'll continue offering less than acceptable service to future customers.

I only said he didn't have to mention the dealer's name in case the OP was reluctant to do it and that was why he was criptic about who he was having the issue with.  If it is a dealer he is having an issue with and not the factory, I agree it is good for others to know who that dealer is so they can make an informed decision if thinking about going to the same dealer.  I am still unclear though, whether the issue is with a dealer or the factory.  

I am also an owner of the same floor plan Mobile Suite, but I have not had any of the same issues.  I have also only had good experiences with my dealer and the factory, so I am just trying to get some clarification.

event.png    

9 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I only said he didn't have to mention the dealer's name in case the OP was reluctant to do it and that was why he was criptic about who he was having the issue with.  If it is a dealer he is having an issue with and not the factory, I agree it is good for others to know who that dealer is so they can make an informed decision if thinking about going to the same dealer.  I am still unclear though, whether the issue is with a dealer or the factory.  

I am also an owner of the same floor plan Mobile Suite, but I have not had any of the same issues.  I have also only had good experiences with my dealer and the factory, so I am just trying to get some clarification.

Thank you.:)

16 hours ago, jc2 said:

Why would he want to do that if it's still under warranty.  Factory defect, they fix it; you try to jury rig it and they will definitely not touch it afterwards.  <_<

If you are getting nowhere with the factory and if you want it fixed you do it yourself.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

Archived