12 Volt Accessory Plugs Quit

StarlifterFE

Holiday Rambler Ambassador, 2005

All three of the accessory plug on the dash quit working at the same time.  I know it's a fuse blown but I'll be darned if I can find it.  All of the fuses in the electrical bay have been check ant their all good.  Is that one under the dash?  I looked under there but didn't see one.   Help.

Barry

StarlifterFE
Retired USAF C-141 Flight Enginner
Full-Timers
2005 Holiday Rambler Ambasador

2010 Honda CR-V

2 minutes ago, StarlifterFE said:

I assume you are counting left to right.

Yup. I just looked it up on an old 2003-2006 Ambassador schematic... should be fuse #11. If not there then it's "possible" you may have an inline fuse feeding all three outlets. I would follow a line back to the firewall. 

StarlifterFE - When something that dramatic goes - it's a sign that the coach is shot!

Yep, not even worth a dime for trade in value. Because Escapees all help each other, tell you what I'll do. You top off the fuel, dump the Black and Grey, send me your address, leave the keys in the ignition and the signed over pink slip on the dash... And I'll come get that bothersome coach out of your sight... (Yes, it is a very nice thing I'm offering to do for you:)!)

Then go out and buy a brand new coach of your choice... 

(Hey, sounds to me like Yarome has hit all of the notches on this one. Hope it is an easy one!)

And THANK YOU FOR SERVING!!! 

Smitty

(I hired into Rohr Industries in Chula Vista California in 1973. My first week on the job, my boss told me to grab the heavy duty push cart and took me to company vault several buildings away. Showed got me authorized to withdraw and transport the material I was to withdraw. About 100 lbs of silver bars!! Delivered them to the layup areas clean room, where they were processed and applied to the honeycomb core and also the insides of the inner outer skins. This was for the the exhaust nozzle of the C141 engines (At that time, and these were Spares order, as I believe the C141 was Out of Production at that time.) The nozzle was built in three 120 degrees panels. They'd lay the panels into a hot forming jig (A jig with built in electrical heating straps, like a big waffle iron.), cover them with a product called KaWool(SP?). The jig would heat up, and the honeycomb core and skins would 'silver braze' together. I remember in the first few months, watching the head press jig operator (A colorful gent from Texas, wore a cowboy hat as often as he could.) dressing into a heat protective apron and head gear. Reaching in with about 4-5' tongs to pull the KaWool off to let the panel cool. This thing would be closing amber red, and as soon as he had the KaWool off, he had to get it out of the jig so it would cool proportionately. Now I mentioned he was colorful in nature, this included a handle bar mustache... He was had opened the face of his protective headgear, as he was removing the panels. All of sudden one side of his mustache bursts into flames. He finished removing the panel (Huge glove mittens on.) Then shook off the glove and reached up and snuffed out the fire in mustache. Very nonchalant about the full thing. The best part - his name was Charlie Blaze!!

The other interesting story about Charlie. He always volunteered for this job, as many people did not want to do it. And after getting the panels out and cooled he'd do the next operation in the build process, cleaning of braze residual. For about 8-9 months, he did this job. Finally his Foreman caught on that as part of this 'residual' material removal, lots of stuff would hit the floor. And good old Charlie would sweep it up, and place it in his empty lunchbox. They did 6 panels at a time, and each time he'd sweep up about 3-4 pounds of 'stuff' - that included silver... He was smelting (May not be the right word, smelting?) it when he got home to pull out the silver... Once his foreman caught on, a new operation was added to the build routing, to have the Area Foreman 'Stamp off' the completion of a new operation - Recover braze residual... (Which was locked up in an area locker, and weekly taken to salvage for the company to recover the funds for this waste product silver:)!)

Sorry I went on so long  on this, but sure was an interesting lesson in the manufacturing process - and human ingenuity, to me as a young man!!!

Again, thank you for serving... (In my next chapter of memory lane. I'll tell you the story of how our Bonding facility in Riverside lost a Spare Order C141 'Petal Door' (What we called them. One of the two doors that opened for loading.) Had to be at least 25' long, and probably 10' across at the widest point... (LOST IT, AFTER MANUFACTURING IT! And this was an AOG emergency replacement part of the Air Force... Stay tuned for that exciting story:)!)

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived