Has forum format changed again?

I'm not sure if it's my PC set up or if the forum has changed again.  When reading a topic the text use to go completely across the width of my screen.  Now it goes about 3/4 across the screen and the right side has ads then scrolling down they change to "Topics" then "Posts".  I can't figure out what the "Topics" and "Posts" is for.         Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

What, you don't love all the ads streaming down the side.:P

And running little bits of video over & over taking up your monthly allotment.  Of course the IT department don't realize not everyone has unlimited bandwidth.  Grrrrr

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Yup. . .we just rejoined Escapees and began to be active in the Class B & Class C forums wa-a-a-y down at the bottom of the page-just in time to deal with the oh-so-up-to-date format and server change.  Since we are in email and Facebook connection with our RV friends; and are active on the Phoenix Cruiser owners forum, can't speak for DW, but I personally don't see the need for the added electro-aggravation and lack of consideration for many of the members.  Maybe later. . . . . . . .

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

I'm not sure why this new upgrade to the upgrade was instituted, but it is taking up valuable screen real estate on my iPad in landscape view and bumps all the ads and topics to the bottom of the thread in portrait view.  Either way, I have to do a lot more scrolling to click on the next topic at the bottom of the page.  I was finally getting comfortable with the upgrade and then they do this.  It's almost as bad as the sticky topics that were at the top of every page when the upgrade was first rolled out.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

i agree. change is sometimes hard to get use to, but this has way to much , The old Format was one of the best around. i have been on an searched different RV Forums. an old one was top notch. everything was at your fingertips.
My opinion is that This site is going to lose out on a lot of older members, new members. Need to go back to when it was great again.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

I open each thread in a new window which opens as a smaller screen, so I never saw the ads.  If I maximize the window, the ads are on the right-hand side of the page.  If I leave the page smaller, the ads appear at the bottom...but I'd never seen them prior to today because I normally don't scroll down past the last post.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Discussion of your grips here really does nothing to make the IT people aware of what you want so I'm wondering how many have taken the time to contact the Escapee office with any of your thoughts? There is no member of the paid staff who reads each post and most never read them.  I suggest that you may want to take some time to write and email to Escapees Business Office and state the issues that concern you. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, S-Cape said:

You are correct.

However, discussion here does allow each member to compare notes with other members and find out what annoyances we all have in common.  Forwarding this forum thread to the admins will have more weight than a phone call.

So have you done that? I'm not just sure how you can do so. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ads, what ads?  I am so used to ignoring stuff which pops up on the sides or in the flow of whatever I am looking at on the internet I don't even notice the ads. 

It is kind of like when I first went to bifocal glasses and especially when I wanted to go to trifocals.  They kept telling me about the lines in the glasses. They wanted me to go to progressive lenses.  I did try them but didn't like them. Well with the trifocals it only took a day or two for my mind to totally ignore the lines.  I seamlessly switch between the 3 lenses with ever noticing the divisions between the lenses.  

Same with the ads.  For the most part I never see them.  I just read what I am interested in. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

10 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Depends upon which browser you are using, but I dislike having the posts crammed into small boxes so that the ads, and then the blank area, can take up 1/3 of the window.

X2

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I just figgered out clicking on the blue dot or blue star to the left of the thread topic in the "menu" takes you to the first unread post.... not that I are a 'puter dummy or anything... :rolleyes:

1st world problems.... 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived