Forks RV going out of buisness

dblr

57 minutes ago, spindrift said:

Interesting in that oil is beginning to claw its way up...ever soooo slightly.

Yes I even saw that on the news tonight.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprised as happened in the economic downturn of 2007 many quality high end  manufacturers went out of business. The units were just to expensive but of very high quality..

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

2 minutes ago, richfaa said:

Not surprised as happened in the economic downturn of 2007 many quality high end  manufacturers went out of business. The units were just to expensive but of very high quality..

There is a market for high quality rigs. Of course it is much smaller than the "mass" market. There are many reasons companies fold. IN this case it is not for lack of market.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

29 minutes ago, DuffMan said:

So what was the reason??

Their primary business was making oil field trailers/offices.  They lost a lot of this business as a result of the drop in oil prices over the last several years and apparently decided they couldn't survive anymore.  I doesn't appear the RV side of the business had much to do with it.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

dewilso

If you had seen some of the trailers made for living at oil-field jobsites, you might want to modify that statement--and I can guarantee the oil company personnel that stay in them would not stand for the quality you find in an RV.   Yes, there are some junk living quarters, but Forks probably didn't make them.  Most of them are skid-mounted and are on very solid frames--in order to be dropped (tail-rolled) by a winch truck.  Having said this, many of them end up looking like junk due to mis-use and being rental property.

We had a company man (the big boss on an oil rig site) that had a Space Craft.  The exterior was in rough shape.  Needed a good bath and polishing, but the interior was immaculate.  This Oilfield trailer had been pulled down "Lease" roads that are cow paths in south and west Texas.  He said that he had had zero issues with it in 10+ years.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived