Door Lock Passenger Side Volvo - No Lock

Cotreker

Looking for some tips on how to trouble shoot the Volvo 670 passenger door 2006.  When I attempt to lock the doors the passenger door goes from lock to unlock.  Have not pulled the panel off yet.  Any tips on removal?

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

I had the same problem with my manual locks. The locking mechanism failed in the door. a horribly expensive part from volvo fixed the problem. Had to have the secret tool from volvo. seemed like the fix was about 4 bills at the volvo dlr.

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

If I had to guess, I would say that the cable going to the inside release is hanging up and causing resistance. Both the cable and the inside release get gummy and sluggish with age and can cause lock-unlock difficulties. This can cause the plastic lock on the rod going down to the lock cylinder to fail. All very inexpensive and not terribly hard to fix.

Archived