Car Seat Install in KW T2000

dirtrunner0519

I pulled out the lower bunk and put in a couch with seat belts.  It makes the truck more travel friendly for us, with three extra seating positions.  It also makes it easy to install my granddaughter's car seat when we bring her along.  We still have the upper bunk for sleeping and someone can stretch out on the couch too, if needed.

Here are a few pictures I put on my google drive to share:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BypMhjRfrAf1QWgxMVhYYThVMW8

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I wanted the couch to lay flat originally, but the T2000 sleeper wasn't quite big enough to allow it.  There isn't enough room between the back wall and the cabinets to allow for the couch to lay flat.  The original bed in the position is shallower than the couch layer flat.

I did have one problem with my jake, but it was a bad wire connection in the wire harness at the cylinder.  Someone tried to repair it with a butt connector that eventually failed due to heat issues.  I fixed it properly with a new OEM connector and the problem was fixed.  I'm not sure why a couple of yours would be stuck on.  It could be a switch issue, a wiring issue or ???

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

I really like the couch set up you did looks great, just stated to think about doing something like that to ours, we have a 2001 T2000 that we found on sale here a few years ago by a forum member.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I have a 2000 T2000 that I installed a jackknife sofa in. Right now I just bolted it to the bottom bunk. I laid 7/8" hard wood plywood on top, bolted that with steel strips under the bunk top for clamping strength. I then took the legs off the sofa, it was a walmart clearance for $65, and attached it to the plywood using the threaded leg holes. I mounted e track behind it with rings to teather the car seats and add seatbelts for my 10 year old. I put a car seat on each side by the big windows for my 3&4 year olds. I have about $100 into the whole thing. I keep think I'm going to get around to building a steel frame and remove the bunk completely but this has worked for 3 years and looks like it will be working again this year. I have seen Chad's and will upgrade to something like his at some point. I will try and find a picture. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you have made to your truck since 2015 when I saw it last.

9 minutes ago, tyates007 said:

I have a 2000 T2000 that I installed a jackknife sofa in. Right now I just bolted it to the bottom bunk. I laid 7/8" hard wood plywood on top, bolted that with steel strips under the bunk top for clamping strength. I then took the legs off the sofa, it was a walmart clearance for $65, and attached it to the plywood using the threaded leg holes. I mounted e track behind it with rings to teather the car seats and add seatbelts for my 10 year old. I put a car seat on each side by the big windows for my 3&4 year olds. I have about $100 into the whole thing. I keep think I'm going to get around to building a steel frame and remove the bunk completely but this has worked for 3 years and looks like it will be working again this year. I have seen Chad's and will upgrade to something like his at some point. I will try and find a picture. 

event.png    

On 3/27/2017 at 8:05 AM, Chad Heiser said:

I pulled out the lower bunk and put in a couch with seat belts.  It makes the truck more travel friendly for us, with three extra seating positions.  It also makes it easy to install my granddaughter's car seat when we bring her along.  We still have the upper bunk for sleeping and someone can stretch out on the couch too, if needed.

Here are a few pictures I put on my google drive to share:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BypMhjRfrAf1QWgxMVhYYThVMW8

What brand/ where did you buy that seat?  I have projects coming out my ears right now, but the sleeper renovation in on the to do list for this summer!

Mine was done by 2LCustom Trucks outside of Dallas, TX.  It is the same seat they put in their medium duty conversions.  He has them branded with his logo.  He also has ones that fold flat.  I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but Wayland at 2L should be able to tell you.

event.png    

Archived