Friday is a big day.

So on Friday the 31st of March we go to closing on our house and become full-timers.  Our 5er is sitting at the park we want to stay at for the next three months until my wife finishes her job.  The parks not done and the city is getting insane with inspections.  The owner really thought we were going to have a spot by the 31st but it rained last night and is expected to rain Tuesday and Wednesday, since there's still dirt work to be done that means maybe not.  We've got a back-up plan so we're just waiting to see what happens.  Kids are excited, wife and I are apprehensive, dogs are confused.

51200458378__5578B17D-2A84-4923-9BEC-BD3

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW

5th Wheel: 2017 Salem Hemisphere Lite 356QB

Two parents, three kids, two dumb dogs. Full-time since 01 April 2017

Congratulations on your big event! We spent about two months in our RV before I could retire when our house sold and we discovered that it was a good think as it allowed us to work out a few kinks before we began to travel. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

So the backup plan has been enacted.  My parents live about an hour away and have FHUs behind their house.  We are hooked up at their house and waiting for our chosen park to open.  So far so good, lots to figure out about living in a fifth wheel with 2 adults, 3 kids, and two dogs.

You're a few days ahead of me on the closing. We couldn't close on 3/31 in California because it's a state holiday (Cesar Chavez). So our closing is Monday 4/3. We have actually been out of the house and in the 5er for a while now. 

Oue plan is to keep our residency in the area since we CG host for 9 months a year within 35 miles of our home. We spend 5 months at a State park in the mountains during the summer and four months at a State beach during the winter. 

I thought I'd miss the house after living in it for 38 years, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. 

Question - have you taken care of the paperwork (DL, BANKS, INSURANCE, ETC) yet or will you handle that after the settlement on the house?

On 4/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, Jmcgsd said:

You're a few days ahead of me on the closing. We couldn't close on 3/31 in California because it's a state holiday (Cesar Chavez). So our closing is Monday 4/3. We have actually been out of the house and in the 5er for a while now. 

Oue plan is to keep our residency in the area since we CG host for 9 months a year within 35 miles of our home. We spend 5 months at a State park in the mountains during the summer and four months at a State beach during the winter. 

I thought I'd miss the house after living in it for 38 years, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. 

Question - have you taken care of the paperwork (DL, BANKS, INSURANCE, ETC) yet or will you handle that after the settlement on the house?

Banks, Insurance we're handled on the day of closing.  DL's and Vehicle Registration will be switched to my Mom and Dad's this week.  Everything else was switched to 191 Rainbow Dr. the day after closing.

Archived