Starting to look for a new 5th wheel Help!

DieselHP

We are about 2 years out from picking up our new 5th wheel.

Thinking I need to order it by the winter of 2018 but I can not find what we are looking for.

Anyone know of brand that offers a front living room with an outdoor kitchen ?

We now own a Cedar Creek and would love to get another one but I see they will have a 2018 model with the front living room but not the kitchen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

6 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

spacecraft or new horizon will build you whatever you want.

Yeah, for twice the price, or $200,000 whichever is higher.

The OP also won't be pulling a New Horizons with the truck in his picture, so add a new truck in there also.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

We had a really bad experience right after buying our CC trailer. It left such a bad taste that I'll never own another FR product.

That said, in looking at several forums in the last year and  a half I've decided to avoid both Thor and Forest River (one exception would be a DRV from a dealer in Oklahoma who has a reputation for wonderful service). These 2 corporations now account for 92% of the trailers sold today and if you do research they are primarily concerned with a return on the investment.

These 2 corporations are famous for buying a good smaller rv company and adding "their efficiencies" to the process and in turn build, quality and service go out the window.

We are looking at the 8% of independent manufacturers who are not part of huge public corporations and have found they are not perfect but they care about their product and the customer.  

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

4 hours ago, DKRITTER said:

We had a really bad experience right after buying our CC trailer. It left such a bad taste that I'll never own another FR product.

That said, in looking at several forums in the last year and  a half I've decided to avoid both Thor and Forest River (one exception would be a DRV from a dealer in Oklahoma who has a reputation for wonderful service). These 2 corporations now account for 92% of the trailers sold today and if you do research they are primarily concerned with a return on the investment.

These 2 corporations are famous for buying a good smaller rv company and adding "their efficiencies" to the process and in turn build, quality and service go out the window.

We are looking at the 8% of independent manufacturers who are not part of huge public corporations and have found they are not perfect but they care about their product and the customer.  

After you deduct market share attributed to Spacecraft, New Horizons and Forks RV from the 92%, I'd be very interested in knowing the identities of those companies.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

10 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Augusta RV, Artic Fox, Weekend Warrior, and the Tiffin family startup.

Completely forgot about Northwood and I heard Augusta was up for sale

2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M

2 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

Powerhouse, Featherlite, Marathon, Renegade, Showhauler, Texas Custom Coach are a few others.

True, but not in the family towable line.  Those are right up there with New Horizons, Forks/Continental Coach. and Space craft

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

2 hours ago, Byron said:

Is Heartland an independent manufacturer ? Noobie here, got a travel trailer want to upgrade to 5th wheel. More I look at reviews (bad ones), the harder it is to know what to select. Thanks .

Copyright © 2004 - 2017. Heartland Recreational Vehicles. All Rights Reserved. A subsidiary of Thor Industries, Inc.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 4:22 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

True, but not in the family towable line.  Those are right up there with New Horizons, Forks/Continental Coach. and Space craft

And Forks/Continental Coach is dead.....

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

2 hours ago, CarolynandBob said:

We went with Vanliegh (tiffen) Vilano 375FL. Been in it 2 weeks and love it. Very happy with the design and quality. 

Saw this at the Hershey show last September, I am usually not a fan of the front living rooms but did really like this one, especially the bathroom, I liked how the changed it. Good luck and enjoy.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Here's a deal...if you're interested in an FL.

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Bus-Supply-Company-Inc.-3007666/listing/2016-Redwood-RW39FL16-115793006

I'm not aware of anyone making an FL with an outside kitchen.

2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M

Archived