Hutchinson KS event Oct 1st

noteven

12 hours ago, noteven said:

We wouldn't want anyone to lose their bearings...

Ever the smart-a$$.  I need to buy you a beer, or at least a Dr. Pepper.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 3/25/2017 at 7:28 AM, rickeieio said:

Ever the smart-a$$.  I need to buy you a beer, or at least a Dr. Pepper.

Vegas Flyer started it! :lol:  

I'll take you up on a nice cold beer, especially if it involves bike gazing at CBX's and such... 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Small hijack.......since were talking rallies.

We need to have a rally where everyone brings their bikes.  There are certainly enough of us. Maybe we need a new thread to plan/discuss it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

21 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Small hijack.......since were talking rallies.

We need to have a rally where everyone brings their bikes.  There are certainly enough of us. Maybe we need a new thread to plan/discuss it.

Howdy All,

I'd be UP for that, I could bring everything from a Ural sidecar rig to the Road King Classic, the old BSA, the R1 and a Rokon just to make sure I had the right tool for the task at hand.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

I'd be UP for that, I could bring everything from a Ural sidecar rig to the Road King Classic, the old BSA, the R1 and a Rokon just to make sure I had the right tool for the task at hand.

Dave

Don't you bring all of that anyways? ;-)

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Hutchinson is just a little more than 200 miles from my home town of Pittsburg Kansas. You are also just under 250 miles from Joplin Missouri where the Joplin 44 Truck Stop is

address https://joplin44.com/ check it out if you get a chance. Now if you are into great Fried chicken you need to go to Pittsburg Kansas and stop in at Chicken Annies, Chicken Mary's or Barto's Idle Hour. All three have great food. If you are into a great sandwhich the Mall Deli is the place to go. Last but not least if you love Flea markets the Jayhawk flea market on the outside of town is worth stopping in. Joplin also has some great Flea Markets. My wife loves them so I have to go to all of them.

If anybody would like information about things to do in Kansas before or after the rally let me know. I am back in school teaching by then but that is my home state. I lived there in Pittsburg (yes there is no H) until I was 27 then, after getting my Master's, I took a teaching job in Stockton Missouri. After teaching in Stockton I moved to Las Vegas, Hence the name Vegas Teacher.

Anyway if you would like information on Kansas let me know.

Later,

Vegas Teacher. 

49 minutes ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Hutchinson is just a little more than 200 miles from my home town of Pittsburg Kansas. You are also just under 250 miles from Joplin Missouri where the Joplin 44 Truck Stop is

address https://joplin44.com/ check it out if you get a chance. Now if you are into great Fried chicken you need to go to Pittsburg Kansas and stop in at Chicken Annies, Chicken Mary's or Barto's Idle Hour. All three have great food. If you are into a great sandwhich the Mall Deli is the place to go. Last but not least if you love Flea markets the Jayhawk flea market on the outside of town is worth stopping in. Joplin also has some great Flea Markets. My wife loves them so I have to go to all of them.

If anybody would like information about things to do in Kansas before or after the rally let me know. I am back in school teaching by then but that is my home state. I lived there in Pittsburg (yes there is no H) until I was 27 then, after getting my Master's, I took a teaching job in Stockton Missouri. After teaching in Stockton I moved to Las Vegas, Hence the name Vegas Teacher.

Anyway if you would like information on Kansas let me know.

Later,

Vegas Teacher. 

Where is Auntie Em's place?

Is there a problem with flying monkeys, taking out windshields?

What are the species of trees that attack people?

That's the information that I would like to know about Kansas....

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

3 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Dave

Hey I saw the Ural, but never saw the Rokon.  Kevin.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

5 hours ago, Nuke-E said:

Don't you bring all of that anyways? ;-)

Howdy David,

I have brought the Ural and the RKC to the National Rally but not the other bikes, yet.  ;-)

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 minutes ago, noteven said:

I sorta made a pledge to purge carburettors out of my life.... we could bring late model bikes to this proposed rally no?

Howdy noteven,

I would "assume" if the vehicle has two or three wheels, regardless of how its fed fuel it would qualify and would therefore be welcome.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

10 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy noteven,

I would "assume" if the vehicle has two or three wheels, regardless of how its fed fuel it would qualify and would therefore be welcome.

Dave

sounds good to me. 

due to distance to anywheres from my summer location east of RickS'sz base a guy could just ride a bike to this rally right?

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Are we going to have an apprasier at the rally Steve?

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

I'm not Steve, but Yes, that is the plan.

12 hours ago, bags said:

Are we going to have an apprasier at the rally Steve?

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On 3/27/2017 at 2:47 PM, VegasFlyer said:

Where is Auntie Em's place?

Is there a problem with flying monkeys, taking out windshields?

What are the species of trees that attack people?

That's the information that I would like to know about Kansas....

O.K. We can all see Flyer is up to his old ways again

Joke coming in 3,2,1...............

Auntie Em's place - Holister Kansas, my aunt Em makes the best chicken fried steak and gravey.

Flying monkey's - Well we have special windshield protectors however with the lights on the front of my 780 I usually can't see them until they are 2 feet in front of me at night.

Osage Orange are the attacking trees along with cotton woods especially around creeks and streams in Riparian woodlands.

Can a fella order one of them-there Monkey Guards, from Raney's Truck Parts?

Would hate to ask what sort of meat your Aunt Em uses for her Chicken Fried Steak......

:ph34r:

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived