A/C Weak Points

VegasFlyer

As the bed on my truck nears completion, we have been reviewing the list of things we need to work on, to get the truck ready for summer.  Right there at the top of the list, is an air conditioning leak.

We are curious if there are components or parts of the system that may be more susceptible to leaks than others?  We are going to apply vacuum to the system and go through the normal troubleshooting steps.  Again, just looking for tips on things that anyone may have found to be peculiar to the Volvo system.

Thanks,

John

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

I have a slow leak, actually, two slow leaks.  I found them by putting some dye in the charge and using a black light.  One is at the side of the condenser right where the high pressure lines go into it.  The other is at the firewall up under the air cleaner.  I have to charge once each spring and it lasts the season.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

1 hour ago, hone eagle said:

blower fan control switch is the only wonky thing with mine ,the lines to the sleeper were caped off when I got it from Gregg.

Ralf,

I assume you know that control unit can be removed and cleaned.  Mine was acting wonky and RandyA had a great write-up on the forum of how to disassemble and clean which I followed and now it works great.  I think I downloaded the file somewhere.  Will see if I can find it for you.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

2 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Ralf,

I assume you know that control unit can be removed and cleaned.  Mine was acting wonky and RandyA had a great write-up on the forum of how to disassemble and clean which I followed and now it works great.  I think I downloaded the file somewhere.  Will see if I can find it for you.

send it to "my guy"   flapper:ph34r:

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Look in the heavy haulers resource guide under projects, fixing hvac controls.

Nigel

Here it is Ralf.  Thanks Nigel.

http://www.hhrvresource.com/node/191

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived