Spilled Dish Soap into Gray Water Tank - An Issue?

AK_Kid

So, we place an entire container of dish soap in the sink before heading down the road.  When we reached out destination, we realized its entire contents had spilled out into the sink.  The good news is that the RV smells of freshly picked apples.  The bad news is that its because there is now a quart of dish soap in the gray water tank.  

So, is this an issue?  Should I just dump the tank tomorrow, then run water through it until the froth stops?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!

Not a bad thing to happen, it may actually help clean grease and residue from the tank. It may help to run a gallon of water in that drain to flush the soap from the "P" trap. Leave the soap in the tank until it's nearly full before draining the tank to realize the greatest benefit.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If the OP doesn't dump before traveling the next time I can see a lot of soap bubbles coming out the gray tank roof vent!  Might need some Don Ho music to follow along!

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

I always pour some anti bacterial Dawn dish soap in my black tank every time I travel. I just flush out the tank when I get to my new location. The gray tank gets soapy water from the kitchen sink every time I wash the dishes. Best way to clean out your tanks and prevent odor. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived