Window & Mirror Switches

Vegas Teacher

So the last owner of my truck switched the passenger window switch to the drivers side. Now the only thing on the drivers side that works is rolling down the window but I can't do anything with the mirrors at all. Does anybody know where to get replacement switches.

The truck has a 3 minute idle then turns off. This was set by Schneider when it was part of their fleet, and it still has the built in Qualcom box. Is there anybody out there who has came across the same issues and had to remove it or take them out. I want to get rid of the governor on the idle time and the electronic tracking system box needs to come out. Any advice out there. 

I took my truck to schutzhund practice Saturday to let all of the members see it. I spent 1/2 of practice giving people rides. They loved it, even the people who were negative in the beginning. They loved seeing the inside and taking a ride around the block. One guy even offered to buy it from me when I was ready to get rid of it, little does he know this is a life long purchase. Also dog training starts early and I park my truck at the Father-in-laws house. Well at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning I went to get it to take to practice and you all know you have to let the truck idle and build up pressure, Oh well the neighbors will get over it LOL!!! or they won't LOL!!!! I also think I woke up the inlaws, OOOPS!

Later,

Vegas Teacher

P.S. I can't get anybody on the C.B. at all, is it ever used any more????

On the 3 minute idle timeout, that is an engine programming configuration that can be changed by a dealer.  Usually, if you put the truck in gear and then back out of gear, the timer resets.  I have a 5 minute idle timeout on mine, which I am leaving for now, as I can do the gear thing if I need an additional 5 min.  Having the idle timeout isn't a bad thing, especially in states with anti-idle laws. On the CB, I agree, not a lot of chatter unless there is a traffic issue but I listen none the less, our handle is Yetti.  See you at a rally!

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

Also, if you get your idle timeout removed, make sure the fast idle option is on (and working), since you will want to use fast idle in order to keep the oil pressure up if you are stationary and idling for more than a few minutes.

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

Try putting it in drive but don't depress the clutch. I do this a lot while waiting for traffic lights. It will stay in neutral. That may turn off the shut down timer as it sees the shifter in drive. Also when your computer gets confused and won't go into gear or won't come out of gear, access your batteries and disconnect the ground and then reconnect. It reboots the computer. I have had to do it twice in three years. If it happened more often I would just put a battery switch on the grounds. Also have them turn off all your auto shutdowns. It won't leave you in a travel lane that way. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Best to start making a list of what parameters you want deleted or changed so you only have to pay the tech once.  They usually charge an hourly rate to connect their computer to your truck. Lots of things can be modified......Idle times, fast idle, cruise control options, engine brake, LED lights for truck and trailer, engine shut downs, engine warnings, the list goes on and on!  If you do have them hook their computer to the truck do a "computer dump" on all of the computers to gather the history of this truck. 

34 minutes ago, Ronbo said:

Try putting it in drive but don't depress the clutch. I do this a lot while waiting for traffic lights. It will stay in neutral. That may turn off the shut down timer as it sees the shifter in drive. Also when your computer gets confused and won't go into gear or won't come out of gear, access your batteries and disconnect the ground and then reconnect. It reboots the computer. I have had to do it twice in three years. If it happened more often I would just put a battery switch on the grounds. Also have them turn off all your auto shutdowns. It won't leave you in a travel lane that way. 

Which version of auto trans do you have? When at a traffic light or stuck in rush hour going around a city Randi sometimes gets rubber leg from trying to hold the clutch in.

Has anyone changed these switch panels out?

I looked on the Volvo site for a manual that covered the R&R of the switch panels, but could not find anything.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

On 3/20/2017 at 9:59 PM, VegasFlyer said:

Has anyone changed these switch panels out?

I looked on the Volvo site for a manual that covered the R&R of the switch panels, but could not find anything.

The switch panel lifts up from the molded receiver on the door panel.  Then each switch should have a plug on the bottom side.  I had 6-8 inches of free wire to be able to pull up thru the hole to give working room to release the wiring.  I had to use a small flat screwdriver to work the plug off of the switch

6 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Jim,

I thought we had the same transmission, I have the I-Grind 3 pedal version.

Roger

The Rockwell Semi Arm Manual is the nicer version of the I-Grind.  It usually depends on how big of a hurry you're in, the cargo you're transporting, and the right seat navigators mood.  If the right seat is empty then the I-grind becomes the smoothest 4 speed ever made.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I got my window switches out no problem. The owner before me had the switches reversed. The switch from the drivers was on the passengers and the switch from the passenger was on the drivers side. I wanted to see what the problem was so I took out the passenger side switch which was the drivers master controller, I put it back in the drivers side. The mirror adjustment worked fine and the window went down but it would not go back up. So I put all of the stuff back and ordered a new master window controller for the drivers side on EBAY for 35.00 it should be here Saturday.

Our drivers window wouldn't go up either.  Well, it tried, but was growling and lurching.  I could grasp the top and help, and would do fine.  The plastic slides in the regulator rails were missing.  I made new ones out of some old combine skid shoes.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

5 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Our drivers window wouldn't go up either.  Well, it tried, but was growling and lurching.  I could grasp the top and help, and would do fine.  The plastic slides in the regulator rails were missing.  I made new ones out of some old combine skid shoes.

Rick, that solution sounds like me ordering a seal for a Mack truck to replace the one for the variable valve control solenoid on my Mazda.  Mazda won't sell the seal without a new valve cover.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

If the windows go up slow or don't want to go up at all the mechanism could need cleaning and lube. I have taken my passenger side door apart twice and lubed things and then they worked fine again.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Lube is good.  I try to lube the tracks with silicone lube yearly.  In our case, the plastic slides were gone, Volvo doesn't sell separately. In true farmer fashion, I made some with the materials on hand.  It ain't pretty, but you can't see it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived