Help With a Leak!!!

coachmac9

99 Fleetwood Discovery with one large living room slide. We re-sealed the roof last summer and everything is good there. About a month ago we noticed a wet spot directly behind the drivers seat at the corner of the slide and body of the coach. It only leaks when the slide is out, completely dry when slide is in. No water marks on the inside walls or windows. Is this a failure of the rubber  "D" gasket that goes around the slide and seals when the slide is all the way out? Any other ideas?? Thank you in advance!

I had a similar issue on our fifth wheel slide on the outside corner behind the couch, the carpet would get wet after a rain. The issue ended up being caulk separation on the outside 3" trim that goes around the top, sides. and bottom of the slide. The caulk had separated over the decal stripes on the rear corner, which was hard to see, and was letting water to seep inside.

Greg

7 hours ago, kayakbob said:

We had that prob in a TT.  Once we figgered it out we just parked and leveled a little bit " off " so the water run the other way !

x2 when we had a TT where water seemed to get by the side seal when it rained. Could never figure out a fixed so just made sure we leaned ever so slightly so the water drained away from the trailer if there was any chance of rain. Guess it's the KISS principle.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5RL used for full-timing for several years. Sold

2114 Sunnbrook 25' RL pull trailer for summer camping and short trips.

2007 Chevy diesel 

Water leaks are never easy. Well ours weren't. Water can travel a long distance. Where it appears can be a long way from where it enters. Our last motorhome had a wet spot in an overhead cabinet. Was there for years before I found the source. Turns out it was a clearance light that had never been sealed. It was about 15 feet from where the leak was seen in the cupboards.

My advice it to start high and work your way down. Look for the smallest pin holes where water can accumulate. Think about the most illogical place it could be and start there.

regards

Archived