D13 Fuel Pressure Regulator

VegasFlyer

Has anyone had the pleasure of changing out the Fuel Pressure Regulator on thier D13 engine?

My fine feathered friend, Vegas Teacher, has a starting problem on his newly acquired chariot.  It will start normal if shut off and immediately restarted, but seems to lose prime, if you wait a few minutes to start, or if it has been siting for any period of time.  It also felt a tad anemic on the highway for an empty truck.

Mainly curious as to how hard the regulator is to get access to it.  The manual depictions look fairly straight forward, though we all know how deceiving that can be.

Also any other ideas of possible ailments would be appreciated.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Maybe look at the codes.....?

Drive on.......(What's my codes.....today)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

WHOA!  Have you done any pressure testing?  Much more likely a water separator air leak causing loss of prime, but jeez, do some diagnostics and don't just start throwing parts at it.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

8 minutes ago, Stekay said:

WHOA!  Have you done any pressure testing?  Much more likely a water separator air leak causing loss of prime, but jeez, do some diagnostics and don't just start throwing parts at it.

Calm down, nobody said anything about throwing nothing at nothing......lol  I was just curious how hard it is to get access to the pressure regulator and I don't have his truck, or mine, close by to look at it.

The water separator is already on the list of suspect items, but I know what's involved there.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived