South Fort worth Area

Tex Bigfoot

It looks like we have sold the farm. Closing is May 1 at this point.

It does not look like we will ever be full time as DW will not hear of not having a home to come home to . This is something I can live with because we all know "if mama an't happy an't nobody happy"and that brings me to my question.

We will most likely not have found our new home before the sale is complete so will be in the 5th wheel for a month or better while we continue to look.

I would like some recommendations for a park in the area from people that have stayed there for more than overnight in the past. The area would be from I20 on the north to US 67 on the south I35W on the west and the city of Mansfield on the east .There are several parks in this area but having our home here we have never stayed in them

Looking to know about things such as traffic noise , noisy residents that party all night   (or the lack of ) good or bad stays , management of the park etc...

If you would rather not put your response in pubic feel free to email me at bfwah4321@yahoo.com

There is the 'old' RV Ranch south of Burleson on I35W. Right on the interstate and noisy. It's now a Jellystone and mostly for weekenders. (Now has a waterpark and lots of cabins). We have stayed there a lot.

On 67 just near Cleburne is RV Ranch. We looked at that a number of times but never stayed there. Looks ok as you drive by.

regards

Ther is the Texan RV Ranch in Mansfield, Texas  It is a gravel lot with spaces close together.  But for a month it is where you want.

We stayed ther for a month right after we went full time in 2005, then again in 2007.

No trains just a little road noise from 287.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

You're lucky you'll have time to check out any prospective parks. One thing is how a park can really change from day to night. It can look very tranquil during the day and then completely different at night after everyone gets home from work. It seems the places that get a little loud in the evening get loud again at 5-6 in the morning. 

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

• 2 weeks later...

We're big fans of Texas State Parks.  Not far from Fort Worth are Cedar Hill State Park, Cleburne State Park (I've tried to like this one, but the sites seem small and terribly unlevel), Dinosaur Valley State Park (one of our favorites), Lake Whitney State Park, and Meridian State Park.  The closest to Mansfield is Cedar Hill.  See http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/nearby/all-parks/ if any of these interest you.

Good luck,

TwoTiredTeachers

Archived