I don't understand...

Av8r3400

It was because of the sparks flying off the fiver trailer frame dragging.  

Otherwise looks good iso long as he has his doubles/triples endorsement. 

Phil probably thought he has some bootleg bottled soft drink.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Being as it is not illegal to tow double trailers in some jurisdictions, I think the issue would be that the lead trailer has to be coupled to the tow vehicle with a fifth wheel hitch and the second connection could be 5th/ball/pintle. That and he may be over weight on the first trailer...

Is it time to recycle pictures again?:lol:  That one circulated here several years ago.  But dumb is still dumb...........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Is it time to recycle pictures again?:lol:  That one circulated here several years ago.  But dumb is still dumb...........

This has been around for years.  Last time I recall someone saying it was in Canada and there was a Mountie in there somewhere. See the yellow stripe on the pants of the dude beside the 5th wheel.

Trippple towing is OK in Alberta as I recall but there must be some limitations.

1 minute ago, rdickinson said:

This has been around for years.  Last time I recall someone saying it was in Canada and there was a Mountie in there somewhere. See the yellow stripe on the pants of the dude beside the 5th wheel.

Trippple towing is OK in Alberta as I recall but there must be some limitations.

Your memory is pretty dang good for an olde pharte.  I remembered the part about it being in Canada, but had forgotten the Mountie stripe observation.

How can we be sure that's not Big5er in disguise?;)

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

38 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Cause there's no Dr. Pepper cans lying around.:P

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Shucks folks.......maybe it's been a few moons since this image was shot but if you take a good gander at the pic it's pretty obvious that the mountie is just helping the "rig-driver" back up from the "WRONG WAY" sign displayed to the side of the hood of the "we-haul" truck........trust me you backup this"rig" you will need plenty of hell-p and a little Dr Pepper with a lot of Crown Royal mixed .........

So........next I start to input "wag-values" into my weight and balance spreadsheet but my virus program would stop the inputs at the points where I ask the program to calculate the relationship of the second hitch the......pickup wheelbase to the car trailer wheel base to the bumper hitch to the "we-haul" truck wheel base to the fifth wheel base to the,,,,,,,to the,,,,,,,to the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course Stekay is once again late withthe vertical CG plots for this....."rig(z)".... And we all know as a Sr engineer he has plenty of time to troll this thread and get the concise doodling cphired to get the "die-nam-eekz " of this cool- uge down pat.......

So next I send the pic to a old geezer friend that used to be considered smart whe he "lucked" into the Nobel prize for physics but he responded this "rig" calculations are WAY above his pay grade........gulp......BUT he did remark that this is obviously a great example that our current president may have a point in that getting rid of most regulations could foster a lot if......"innovations" ........gulp....

Maybe that this image was shot at Holloween and the "rig" driver was Henry testing a new "poco-ET-hitch" and Phil is dressed in his Mountie holloween costume and was just acting as a flagerrrrr............

Obviously the more Dr Pepper you drink while viewing the image the more you see .........and the more Crown Royal you mix in the more.......".en-lightened " one gets.........drink on........

Drive on...........(less regulation........more Crown Royal)

P S, as Jeff pointed out some time ago the U-Haul logo that says "Adventures in Moving" is nothing but the truth when you view this picture.......

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

If you really want to see some real live towing abuses look for crews with 3-4 vehicles of just about any flavor each towing 1-2 vehicles, all for export to Mexico.

We are talking tow vehicles involved in collisions with fenders and headlight missing flat towing a severely bent 2nd vehicles. Or really worn out compact pickups flat towing full size pickups. Or my personal favorite, clapped out rusty school buses with some seats removed so the drivers can "camp out" at night, flat towing another school bus completely loaded to the gills with transmissions, rear ends and body parts. Of course hit or miss with tge lighting, brakes and jury rigged tow bars.

I am sure big5er can tell you some stories.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

You should see these guys crossing into Mexico (not to stay, but to go thru Mexico) at the Los Indios Bridge!  Really is a bit of a circus!  It will sometimes take them all day to get across the border, and that doesn't include the day before to stop and get all their paperwork correct at the services that have sprung up along the border to "help" these guys out!

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Coming back from Oklahoma City, last fall, we saw a couple guys on I-40 with a couple of the Toyota Trains, 1 Toyota Pickup flat towing two others, heading for the border.  One of the guys had broke down, so his buddy was pulling him with a chain.  We were talking about what sort of commercial that might make for Toyota and hoping they didn't find themselves in a scenario where they needed to go into max braking......

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Not long ago running across I-10, I saw a Mexican road train..... Minivan towing a mid-size Camry or Accord towing another minivan.  The last minivan had chains dragging on the asphalt....... made me wonder where the last vehicle was.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

3 minutes ago, noteven said:

No... guys I read the rv forums... I am sure the infraction is not towing the fiver with a dually....

What's a "dually"?? ;)

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎19 at 8:22 AM, rickeieio said:

Your memory is pretty dang good for an olde pharte.  I remembered the part about it being in Canada, but had forgotten the Mountie stripe observation.

Mountie is taller.  Looks like he is over 6' to me.  Phill is more,uh, vertically challenged.

44 minutes ago, rdickinson said:

Mountie is taller.  Looks like he is over 6' to me.  Phill is more,uh, vertically challenged.

I heard that !!!!

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived