I have taken out my huge old TV over the dash and mounted a wall mount Flat Screen. Now I would like to find some ideas to create the ability to pull that TV down into eye level when setting. Any Thoughts?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Its like a 32" flat screen, not very heavy at all. Want to be able to let it down a couple foot!!! Looking for some ideas....

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

We've actually been using a similar one for the past several years: Ergotron mount  In the stowed position our 40" TV is up in the corner above the driver.  When deployed it swings nearly to the center of the MH and drops ~10".  We've also discovered that it works just as well going the other direction so one of us can sit in the swiveled passenger's chair while the other sits in the comfy recliner.  Since the passenger seat has a power foot rest and is brand new, everyone is equally comfortable.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DunellenGuy said:

This is just awesome. I've been wanting to move the TV from above the dash to mount across from the sofa, and this may be the perfect solution!

You could do this. I have a 55" Curved Smart TV across from the couch. Which also contains a DirecTV Genie, home stereo surround sound with 5 Bose speaker and a Powered Woofer, Blue Ray player, VCR, and a HP all in one printer

55 in 4K Smart TV Alt.jpg

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

On 3/20/2017 at 0:05 AM, docj said:

We've actually been using a similar one for the past several years: Ergotron mount  In the stowed position our 40" TV is up in the corner above the driver.  When deployed it swings nearly to the center of the MH and drops ~10".  We've also discovered that it works just as well going the other direction so one of us can sit in the swiveled passenger's chair while the other sits in the comfy recliner.  Since the passenger seat has a power foot rest and is brand new, everyone is equally comfortable.

This is a great mount! 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, Biker56 said:

You could do this. I have a 55" Curved Smart TV across from the couch. Which also contains a DirecTV Genie, home stereo surround sound with 5 Bose speaker and a Powered Woofer, Blue Ray player, VCR, and a HP all in one printer

55 in 4K Smart TV Alt.jpg

How do you secure the TV to the cabinet for travel? We are thinking about doing the same, except using a tv lift so that it is stowed in the cabinet when on the road.

Doc&Erin

2 hours ago, Doc&Erin said:

How do you secure the TV to the cabinet for travel? We are thinking about doing the same, except using a tv lift so that it is stowed in the cabinet when on the road.

We put 4 unobtrusive screw eyes at locations at appropriate locations on the front of the cabinet against which the TV rests when traveling.  A couple of adjustable bungee cords, one horizontal and one vertical, serve to hold the TV gently against the cabinet and keep it from swinging while on the road.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On 4/29/2017 at 10:51 AM, Doc&Erin said:

Doc&Erin

I have a screw going through the 4 legs into the cabinet top. It rides there with no problem. In the past I also done the same with a 36" & a 42"

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived