Water Hose?

I bought a white hose from Lowe's that says RV Water Hose. It smells and taste bad. I also bought a yellow hose form Walmart that also smells and taste bad. What am I doing wrong?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

We got all of our hoses from the RV Water Filter Store (linked above). They make very high quality hoses with machined brass or stainless steel fittings. The hose material is rated for 200 psi and we've used ours for the 7+ years we've been full time with no smell, tastes, or other issues. They are a little more pricey than box store hoses, but they sure last!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Yup, as mentioned just bypass everything and buy some good hose from the RV Water Filter Store and never look back. 

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Plus, the RV Water Filter Store will make your hoses to your specified length so, for instance, if you want a short one from the faucet to your filter cartridge so the canister can sit on the ground you can get that.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

Could it be the water????

Not the water. The last two hoses I have bought both smelled and tasted bad. I am guessing I am buying too cheep. This last "Drinking Water" hose from Lowe's, I'm sure even plants would turn up there noises at it.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Any hose will affect the water if the hose sits in the sun while full of water. You can use a green garden hose as long as the water is moving. So the question is -   "is your hose sitting in the sun for long periods without water flowing through it?"

Caution - I'm not saying use a garden hose. But water flow is key in many cases.

regards

This past summer I had an issue with green algae growing inside the first 3 or 4 feet of my white RV water hose. It was the end that connected to the faucet in direct sunlight. I'm not so sure that the campground was using chlorine or enough chlorine in the water. It happened to 2 hoses. When we left after the summer I purchased the more $$ hose, a blue one with SS ends and not I'm on city water any longer so we'll see how this goes.

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

36 minutes ago, travelinbob said:

When we left after the summer I purchased the more $$ hose, a blue one with SS ends and not I'm on city water any longer so we'll see how this goes.

If left in direct sun, even that hose will grow things. Potable water doesn't have enougu chlorine in it to prevent the growth of algae because when sittting in direct sun the chlorine degrades and there are algae spores everywhere. We learned to put some of that black foam isulation around our hose when we would sit for a long period where the water hose was exposed to sun. That not only prevented the growth of algae but it also meant that our water was not hot from sun when it came from the faucets. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived