What is with turn on Notification Screen

DJW

Every since the forum went to the new format I keep getting a turn on notifications  so they can send me notifications at the bottom.  I am not going to turn on my notifications so is this just something I will need to live with.  Has everyone else turned on their notifications?  I assume once you turn it on it is not only turned on for the rvnetwork but for everyone else as well?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

1 hour ago, DJW said:

Every since the forum went to the new format I keep getting a turn on notifications  so they can send me notifications at the bottom.  I am not going to turn on my notifications so is this just something I will need to live with.  Has everyone else turned on their notifications?  I assume once you turn it on it is not only turned on for the rvnetwork but for everyone else as well?

Dennis

The Missing Manual topic in About the Discussion Forums provides a link to a document that discusses both browser based notifications and the forum software notifications.

This is a browser based notification request from Google chrome:

58cc094a48a69_ScreenShot2017-03-17at10_58_31AM.png.3a8af8818b22e4167cf9b8cc8aaabe75.png

The AM I The Only One that Sees This? topic discusses this for FireFox.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

Yep,

I only got the notification for random websites when I switched to FireFox. Never see it in Edge or IE. MY guess is it is likely because they haven't built that in yet. It is a convenience for folks who post so many times a day in so many different places they can ignore until they get a response. It's a PITA for me too as I stick with only two websites and locked down social media on FB and Ello. 

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get the drop-down FireFox notifications box, but after selecting the correct option 3X, I no longer see the box.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

DJW, what browser are you running and do you have things like Ad Blocker and a Flash control installed? 

Have you gone up under your name (top right hand corner) and go to Account Settings - there you will see where to click for "Notification" settings, far right after on the Account Settings page.   Go through the list and click on no for receiving notifications.   This interation of the software assumes that you are hanging on every i or t posted on the forums and your life will collapse if you aren't immediately notified. :D

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb

I am using Edge in Win 10 Pro.  I have everything turned off under the account settings/notification setting and I am still getting that notice every time I log onto rvnetwork.com?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Somewhere in the browser setting should be a place where you can choose NOT to receive notifications (pushes) from web sites.    Need to also turn it off there as well as under your account settings.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Since you are running a different browser and system than I do, I'm out of suggestions.  I'm pretty sure there is some where in the browser  settings that you can set to not allow notifications, but have no idea where it would be.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barb

Thanks I know you use apple products.  There is and it is in the Notification section and I have the  "do not send me notifications"  box checked as well as every type of internal notifications turned off as well?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you post a screen-shot of the notification? Mine has a small menu box where it says "always receive notifications", to the right of that verbage is a selection box you click, when you do it also shows "never receive notifications". When you click that verbage the pop-up box goes  away. It reappeared 3X on my browser and each time I selected "no notifications" until the pop-up finally stopped.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I use Opera and get these boxes pop up on new sites I haven't been to. I also have AdBlock installed. I just click on the "Block" or "No" button and I haven't been asked again.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

Dennis,

Right click on any blank space on this page and you should see it. Does this clear it up? https://www.howtogeek.com/288946/how-to-stop-websites-from-asking-to-show-notifications/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

I have right clicked every blank space on the screen and that does not come up?  I get the following when I right click any place on this page:

Select all

Print

Inspect elements

View Source

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Archived