Newbies

SecondWind

Hello y'all!!  I didn't see an "Introduce Yourself" section, or something similar, so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place.  I'm Ken, my wife is Charlene, and we're getting ready to take the plunge.  Been looking for over 6 months, figuring out what's really important to us in a rig versus what we originally thought was important.  Counter space is paramount, so we love the front kitchen and rear kitchen designs of travel trailers.  Fifth wheels are prettier, and seem a little more sturdy, but travel trailers seem more convenient as they can be towed by vehicles other than pickups.  Our plan is to buy something, but continue to live and work here in Georgetown for about 2 years while we learn all we can about the lifestyle, safety, maintenance, etc.  If all goes well, and God willing, we'll be ready to hit the road in early 2019.

Cheers,

Ken

We really aren't too particular about where things get posted, especially general posts but this is as good a choice as there is. We are happy that you have chosen to join both the RV club and also the forums! We are here to help as sharing and caring is what Escapees are all about. We are about to begin our annual Escapade, or rally and you really should plan to attend one if possible. This year we are in Tucson, but next year it will be in Sedalia, MO and in June so consider joining us there.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

With this new format I don't know if you can search the old stuff or not, but if so, do so about pull trailers, fivers, and mhs. You will find a wealth of information about the pros and cons of each. Meanwhile ask away with questions and you will get a lot of opinions! Welcome.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5RL used for full-timing for several years. Sold

2114 Sunnbrook 25' RL pull trailer for summer camping and short trips.

2007 Chevy diesel 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm a newbie too. I'm looking at buying a Thor Outlaw RE, (class A) I would appreciate any advice on checklist, mods, anything.

I will be setting it up to live in it and travel occasionally for a while. then when I retire go full time.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Debi 

8 minutes ago, AAVIATRIX said:

Hello,

I'm a newbie too. I'm looking at buying a Thor Outlaw RE, (class A) I would appreciate any advice on checklist, mods, anything.

I will be setting it up to live in it and travel occasionally for a while. then when I retire go full time.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Debi 

I just emailed you a copy of my favorite checklist.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived